kathleencalvert
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
im 14 and want a job. However this has been proven difficult for me to do beacause of my age which i dont find fair. Im hoping to find a job of any kind besides a paper round, if you can help please reply. thankyou for reading.
Jackieox
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
At 14 theres very few things you can do beside a paper round due to the number of laws surrounding it. Also you're not entitled to minimum wage so an employer could pay you £1 an hour if they wish,

Maybe try local cafes to see if you can work in the potwash or something?
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kathleencalvert)
im 14 and want a job. However this has been proven difficult for me to do beacause of my age which i dont find fair. Im hoping to find a job of any kind besides a paper round, if you can help please reply. thankyou for reading.
99% of places wont take on under 16's. Basically because a) there are a lot of laws surrounding employing under 16's and b) because you dont have a national insurance number. So its not that they arent being fair.
Your best bet is a paper round.
LordHentai420
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm 15 and I have a job cleaning offices with a business called Contact Cleaners. Maybe there's something similar to that in your area? I know a lot of other people in my class (either 15 or 16) with waitress jobs as well.
I did babysitting when I was 14 for my neighbour so that might not be an option for you, idk.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Babysitting, dog walking, maybe a local cafe, doing chores for your neighbours / family.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (232)
61.05%
No (79)
20.79%
Not sure (69)
18.16%

Watched Threads