The Student Room Group

Have I left revision for Mocs too late?

My as level mocs start on the 8th of may, and our ucas predictions are based on the grades we get. I'm studying, maths further maths and physics and started revising this Monday, I've done about 4 hours everyday (I was intending to do more but I get bored easily) and I was hoping to get through the whole physics syllabus this week however it's now the end of the week and I'm only half way through?? apprantly a level revision takes a lot longer than gcse revision. Anyways do I still have enough time to to revise and do well? if i do 6 hours a day for the rest of the week and 5 hours a day when we go back to school ??
Original post by partygoose123
My as level mocs start on the 8th of may, and our ucas predictions are based on the grades we get. I'm studying, maths further maths and physics and started revising this Monday, I've done about 4 hours everyday (I was intending to do more but I get bored easily) and I was hoping to get through the whole physics syllabus this week however it's now the end of the week and I'm only half way through?? apprantly a level revision takes a lot longer than gcse revision. Anyways do I still have enough time to to revise and do well? if i do 6 hours a day for the rest of the week and 5 hours a day when we go back to school ??

AS is like GCSE, it isn't even that much info. All you gotta do is molest them past papers and text books. If you do enough and cover your weaknesses - you should be sorted.
Original post by partygoose123

I wouldn't agree with the fact that GCSEs are like AS levels as there is in fact more content and there is more depth to the content. The fact that you're duing FM suggests you're quite good at maths. My advice would mainly be to focus first on the topics you aren't as confident in, (there are plenty of practice questions online such as Physics and Maths Tutor).

I would also strongly recommend past papers. My advice is to do a question, compare with the mark scheme and then check the examiner report (which gives useful insight into how candidates performed on any given question). For me this is better than just doing a whole past paper in one go and then marking as it can be easy to lose interest that way.
Original post by Jang Gwangnam
AS is like GCSE, it isn't even that much info. All you gotta do is molest them past papers and text books. If you do enough and cover your weaknesses - you should be sorted.

that "molest" part made me lol so much 🤣🤣🤣

Quick Reply

Latest