I believe in crystals but they’re not working! Watch

rnl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have a few small crystals, I’m an empath so I’m very sensitive to energy. When I first got these crystals I felt a lot of energy radiate from them but now nothing. I’ve tried recharging them by hanging them by the window so the moonlight shines on them but it made no difference. I really do believe that crystals work but there’s just no energy radiating at all and I don’t know why.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JakeRStudent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't want you to take this as me attacking your personal belief system or anything, and I truly promise the intent of this message is not aggressive but you asked a question and I'll give you my answer (a scientists answer).

Crystals do not as far as any scientific body of knowledge is concerned, any healing powers or energy associated with them and thus there is nothing to actually recharge.
rnl
Rep:
?
(Original post by JakeRStudent)
I don't want you to take this as me attacking your personal belief system or anything, and I truly promise the intent of this message is not aggressive but you asked a question and I'll give you my answer (a scientists answer).

Crystals do not as far as any scientific body of knowledge is concerned, any healing powers or energy associated with them and thus there is nothing to actually recharge.
Trust me I’m an empath. I’m not a big believer of science myself, more intuition. And I could feel the amazing energy they gave off. I know you didn’t mean offence but I really don’t care about ‘science says’ for most things aha
RedGiant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Cognitive dissonance much?
Gwilym101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rnl)
Trust me I’m an empath. I’m not a big believer of science myself, more intuition. And I could feel the amazing energy they gave off. I know you didn’t mean offence but I really don’t care about ‘science says’ for most things aha
Please say you did not spend money on these crystals. If you did, you got swindled.
JakeRStudent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rnl)
I mean trust me I'm a scientist..? (Just copying your empathy statement). And I don't get how you can't be a big believer in science because it's by its very nature a way of figuring stuff out about the world. It's nothing more than the facts we observed, and is far more accurate than your intuition. For your comment on the energy they gave off I put that down to you wanted to feel it and so tricked yourself into it.
Mrs.Grey
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rnl)
I feel like they of had a placebo effect love?
rnl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gwilym101)
Please say you did not spend money on these crystals. If you did, you got swindled.
Look if you can’t give me good advice then clear off
rnl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mrs.Grey)
I feel like they of had a placebo effect love?
Sorry??
(Original post by RedGiant)
Cognitive dissonance much?
Sorry??
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rnl)
I have a few small crystals, I’m an empath so I’m very sensitive to energy. When I first got these crystals I felt a lot of energy radiate from them but now nothing. I’ve tried recharging them by hanging them by the window so the moonlight shines on them but it made no difference. I really do believe that crystals work but there’s just no energy radiating at all and I don’t know why.
That's the only thing you've said that's correct.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rnl)
Science is the name for the methods used to determine facts. It's not a question of belief, it's not a religion.

What do these crystals actually do? Or rather, what are you expecting them to do? What actually is the "energy" you're claiming is being given off? Is it something tangible? Is it measurable? What makes you certain that you didn't just "feel the amazing energy they gave off" because you were expecting that?
rnl
Rep:
?
(Original post by JakeRStudent)
I mean trust me I'm a scientist..? (Just copying your empathy statement). And I don't get how you can't be a big believer in science because it's by its very nature a way of figuring stuff out about the world. It's nothing more than the facts we observed, and is far more accurate than your intuition. For your comment on the energy they gave off I put that down to you wanted to feel it and so tricked yourself into it.
I like to look outside the box. Science is a box to me and believing in only what’s been proved is really narrow minded imo
rnl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Science is the name for the methods used to determine facts. It's not a question of belief, it's not a religion.

What do these crystals actually do? Or rather, what are you expecting them to do? What actually is the "energy" you're claiming is being given off? Is it something tangible? Is it measurable? What makes you certain that you didn't just "feel the amazing energy they gave off" because you were expecting that?
Of course it’s because I’m expecting it. Crystals don’t work if you don’t expect them to. But my problem is that I expect them to and they’re not. I don’t want to discuss science here so if you can’t answer my actual question don’t comment
Axiomasher
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've heard a rumour that only the really, really expensive crystals work. Fix broken legs and everything.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rnl)
Crystals don’t work if you don’t expect them to. But my problem is that I expect them to and they’re not.
Ok that first bit is pretty much the definition of the placebo effect. You were probably excited when you bought them?
I think what you're expecting to happen now is to have that same feeling you initially had, but a crystal can't simply cause that just by being there.
_sg_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is there no local crystal service centre you can take them to? They probably just need a quick look from a crystal technician.
Axiomasher
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by _sg_)
Is there no local crystal service centre you can take them to? They probably just need a quick look from a crystal technician.
Balls. Crystal Balls.
_sg_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Axiomasher)
Balls. Crystal Balls.
I know, it was a terrible attempt at a joke :tongue:
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by _sg_)
You can't get better than a CrystalFit fitter.
Snazzyzebra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Perhaps it's because of your vibration, you're unable to read them? If you're desperate/relying on them 120% of the time they won't work, you're not spiritually and psychologically ready, or attuned to harness the mysteries of the universe.

Takes some time to work on yourself, mental, physical and spiritual health, become a more rational, empathetic person, meditate and cultivate a rational, empathetic peaceful mind.

So meditate, exercise (healthy body= healthy mind), be introspective and apprehend your flaws and your strengths- gain self understanding. Once you've done that then try using the crystals again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.96%
No I am happy with my course choice (401)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (100)
14.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed