The Student Room Group

I believe in crystals but they’re not working!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Have you tried phoning up the crystal support helpline? I read an article that they had issued a faulty batch - you might have picked up one of those.
Original post by rnl
I have a few small crystals, I’m an empath so I’m very sensitive to energy. When I first got these crystals I felt a lot of energy radiate from them but now nothing. I’ve tried recharging them by hanging them by the window so the moonlight shines on them but it made no difference. I really do believe that crystals work but there’s just no energy radiating at all and I don’t know why.

Hi there. I'll start this by saying I don't believe our know a lot about crystals and the spiritual healing side of thing, but I respect that you do. I can't give you any advice that fits in with that logic because I just don't understand it. It would be like me suggesting you rub grapes on your DVD player. It just wouldn't make sense even if I was trying my best.
What I will try to do is give you some thoughts that fit with my beliefs and how I see things (while trying my best to respect your beliefs). They may not work with how you see things and if that's the case feel free to just ignore it.

The way I see crystals and things like that is they help you to have positive energy yourself. They give you a way to find your own energy and use that. So if they worked for you before I would have a think about why that is. Were you more open to it then, were you in a calmer place, were you meditating or facilitating the positive energy in other ways? Clearly something has changed between them and now. I don't know how the crystals themselves may be able to change, so I would think it's something outside of them. I've found that things that usually help me can be less helpful if I'm distracted in some way or I'm rushing them. Maybe you need to recharge yourself a bit as well as the crystals. Possibly by making yourself a calming environment and giving yourself some time there to mediate with the crystals.
Whatever your/ my beliefs are there was something working before and not now. However it was working I'm not sure, but if it was working before then there's a good chance it can again.

The only other thing I could think (based on what you've mentioned) is that maybe the moonlight wasn't direct or something? I really don't know how crystals work, but maybe if you hung them outside for a night it could help. Or maybe in a bowl of water outside since water can intensify light and I believe is meant to have healing and spiritual energies itself.

Maybe pairing those two ideas of you and the crystals could help things work better again.
Reply 22
Original post by Snazzyzebra
Perhaps it's because of your vibration, you're unable to read them? If you're desperate/relying on them 120% of the time they won't work, you're not spiritually and psychologically ready, or attuned to harness the mysteries of the universe.

Takes some time to work on yourself, mental, physical and spiritual health, become a more rational, empathetic person, meditate and cultivate a rational, empathetic peaceful mind.

So meditate, exercise (healthy body= healthy mind), be introspective and apprehend your flaws and your strengths- gain self understanding. Once you've done that then try using the crystals again.

I’m not having problems with myself though. I have self love, confidence and acceptance. It’s just relationships with other people that are draining me currently hence I could do with something that helps boost positivity.
Reply 23
Original post by Kindred
Hi there. I'll start this by saying I don't believe our know a lot about crystals and the spiritual healing side of thing, but I respect that you do. I can't give you any advice that fits in with that logic because I just don't understand it. It would be like me suggesting you rub grapes on your DVD player. It just wouldn't make sense even if I was trying my best.
What I will try to do is give you some thoughts that fit with my beliefs and how I see things (while trying my best to respect your beliefs). They may not work with how you see things and if that's the case feel free to just ignore it.

The way I see crystals and things like that is they help you to have positive energy yourself. They give you a way to find your own energy and use that. So if they worked for you before I would have a think about why that is. Were you more open to it then, were you in a calmer place, were you meditating or facilitating the positive energy in other ways? Clearly something has changed between them and now. I don't know how the crystals themselves may be able to change, so I would think it's something outside of them. I've found that things that usually help me can be less helpful if I'm distracted in some way or I'm rushing them. Maybe you need to recharge yourself a bit as well as the crystals. Possibly by making yourself a calming environment and giving yourself some time there to mediate with the crystals.
Whatever your/ my beliefs are there was something working before and not now. However it was working I'm not sure, but if it was working before then there's a good chance it can again.

The only other thing I could think (based on what you've mentioned) is that maybe the moonlight wasn't direct or something? I really don't know how crystals work, but maybe if you hung them outside for a night it could help. Or maybe in a bowl of water outside since water can intensify light and I believe is meant to have healing and spiritual energies itself.

Maybe pairing those two ideas of you and the crystals could help things work better again.

Thank you for this it really has helped. Yes crystals help boost your energy and I guess I’m just feeling more drained with other relationships at the moment which is why they’re not helping. And yes perhaps I’m not catching the moonlight- I’ll try what you suggested😊
If Skyrim taught me anything it's that "crystals" are charged by souls, not moonlight. Try sacrificing something with them.
Reply 25
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
If Skyrim taught me anything it's that "crystals" are charged by souls, not moonlight. Try sacrificing something with them.

Sacrificing what exactly?
Reply 26

Because taking another beings life is not my right to take. And crystals are charged by elements- so the water, earth, fire, sunlight, moonlight depending on what crystal
Original post by rnl
I’m not having problems with myself though. I have self love, confidence and acceptance. It’s just relationships with other people that are draining me currently hence I could do with something that helps boost positivity.

Why other are people draining you?
Perhaps your crystals are absorbing that negative energy out of you or charging you with their own but you dont realise it.

As I said, work on your own spiritual and psychological development. The fact that you already perceive yourself in a state of completeness means you have a long way to go- at least according to what i've gleaned from Buddhism, Christianity and Plato and Aristoltle and Stoic philosophy...
Original post by rnl
Sacrificing what exactly?

Depends on the crystal. Also i was being facetious because crystals cannot be charged and don't do anything

Original post by rnl
Because taking another beings life is not my right to take. And crystals are charged by elements- so the water, earth, fire, sunlight, moonlight depending on what crystal

None of those are elements...
Original post by rnl
Thank you for this it really has helped. Yes crystals help boost your energy and I guess I’m just feeling more drained with other relationships at the moment which is why they’re not helping. And yes perhaps I’m not catching the moonlight- I’ll try what you suggested😊

If it's relationships with others that's draining you most then perhaps that's just a bit out of the reach of the crystals. From my understanding they help with your own energy, but you're issue is more external than that. Perhaps they started off working better because they gave a boost to your drained energy, but the reason they are working less well now is that they can't fix the cause of your drain in energy. All they can do is patch you up a bit.
Possibly it's even an indication that you need to try to work on this issue yourself and whatever force behind how crystals work is trying to tell you that.

Maybe you need to look at those relationships that are draining you and how you can reduce that drain.
I think I can explain this better in a metaphor so bare with me...
You're like a bucket of water. The problems in your relationships are a hole in that bucket and water is draining out of them. The crystals can add more water to your bucket, but they can't patch up the holes so you will still be feeling the water draining out. You need to patch those holes yourself before the crystals can fully help you. With those holes patched up the water (energy) the crystals give you can stay there rather than being drained straight out.

I think that's what you need to focus on first. Have a think about what is putting holes in you and draining you and try to reduce that. Once you've patched up some holes you can work on re-filling that drained energy.
Reply 30
None of those are elements...

Plus moonlight is just reflected sunlight - there's nothing magically different about it.
Reply 31
Original post by rnl

Remind me where these elements come on the periodic table?
Reply 32
tsr probably isnt the best placec to discuss anything relating to faith/spirituality lol. run a google search and try a different one, youll get more luck anywhere that isnt tsr
OP correct me if I’m wrong.

By saying she isn’t a big believer of science I think she meant she doesn’t believe that science knows everything. Just because something hasn’t been proven yet doesn’t mean it’s not real. There are so many things on this earth that we can’t perceive, we shouldn’t close our minds to something just because we can’t prove it yet.

It’s quite closed minded (imo) to believe that we know everything about everything and all things that are real have been proven. Maybe crystals are just pretty rocks, maybe they hold something that we haven’t understood yet scientifically. No need to be rude to anyone about their beliefs because they don’t match yours.
Reply 34
Original post by JakeRStudent
I don't want you to take this as me attacking your personal belief system or anything, and I truly promise the intent of this message is not aggressive but you asked a question and I'll give you my answer (a scientists answer).

Crystals do not as far as any scientific body of knowledge is concerned, any healing powers or energy associated with them and thus there is nothing to actually recharge.

Completely this. It doesn't matter if you listen to science or not, it won't suddenly become true. Crystals don't have any powers unfortunately, any energy is an illusion.
so much scepticism on here

smh

if it works it works...

http://www.prismhealing.com/wp-content/images/crystal-healing.jpg
Reply 36
Original post by cat_mac
OP correct me if I’m wrong.

By saying she isn’t a big believer of science I think she meant she doesn’t believe that science knows everything. Just because something hasn’t been proven yet doesn’t mean it’s not real. There are so many things on this earth that we can’t perceive, we shouldn’t close our minds to something just because we can’t prove it yet.

It’s quite closed minded (imo) to believe that we know everything about everything and all things that are real have been proven. Maybe crystals are just pretty rocks, maybe they hold something that we haven’t understood yet scientifically. No need to be rude to anyone about their beliefs because they don’t match yours.

I shall quote Dara O'Brian for the rest of this post.

"Just because science doesn't know everything, doesn't mean you can fill in the gaps, with whatever fairytale most appeals to ya."
Original post by Bio 7
I shall quote Dara O'Brian for the rest of this post.

"Just because science doesn't know everything, doesn't mean you can fill in the gaps, with whatever fairytale most appeals to ya."

Why not though? Who cares if people use crystals if it makes them feel better?

Why is it so hard to think that there are things we don’t understand, if there weren’t then we might as well get rid of all the scientists as they’ve already done all their job. Just because something sounds stupid to you doesn’t mean it is. It doesn’t mean you should be condescending to people who have different beliefs to you when what they do doesn’t impact you at all.
Reply 38
Original post by BDE
Remind me where these elements come on the periodic table?

No aha the four elements sort of thing not chemistry. Heard of Earth, air, fire and water to be the four elements of the earth? That sorta thing lol
Reply 39
Original post by the bear
so much scepticism on here

smh

if it works it works...

http://www.prismhealing.com/wp-content/images/crystal-healing.jpg

Thank you!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending