The Student Room Group

Sister saw me naked - what do I do

Hi, I was in my room laying on my bed in my boxer shorts having a phone call and my little sister came into the room age 10, didn’t really pay attention to her as I was on the phone but I noticed she was staring down towards my penis area, I quickly looked down and noticed my penis was hanging out. I panicked and didn’t know what to do, she had started to walk out my room at this point so when she left I quickly closed the door. I don’t know what to do, do I need to bring this up to her, should I tell my parents or should I just forget about this and act as if nothing has happened with her? I’m really embarrassed for my sister to have seen me naked but also very worried for her as she’s 10.
It's a penis. She'll get over it.
Reply 2
have a conversation with her, talk to her about it. reassure her that she didn't do anything wrong, but be playful about it, as if it was nothing. maybe tell her to knock first too.
Original post by Joel 96
have a conversation with her, talk to her about it. reassure her that she didn't do anything wrong, but be playful about it, as if it was nothing. maybe tell her to knock first too.

i completely disagree with this, at 10 years old she's impressionable and shouldnt think its okay to see people's private areas as a normal playful thing. definitely talk to her about it and say youre sorry that she saw it (maybe explain to her the difference if she doesnt already know, my brother didnt at that age but he was very sheltered) and that she should knock next time
I don't have siblings so I may not be an expert, but I would assume the most logical thing to do is talk to your parents and have them make the decisions. Although I understand the conversation will be awkward to some degree, given that they are her parents, they should be given the choice as to what they want exposed/explained to their daughter
Worrying over nothing, these things happen, tell her to knock.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I was in my room laying on my bed in my boxer shorts having a phone call and my little sister came into the room age 10, didn’t really pay attention to her as I was on the phone but I noticed she was staring down towards my penis area, I quickly looked down and noticed my penis was hanging out. I panicked and didn’t know what to do, she had started to walk out my room at this point so when she left I quickly closed the door. I don’t know what to do, do I need to bring this up to her, should I tell my parents or should I just forget about this and act as if nothing has happened with her? I’m really embarrassed for my sister to have seen me naked but also very worried for her as she’s 10.

She might not have known what it was, also she should learn to knock
Istg you only find stuff like this on TSR
Why are you guys overreacting so much? My sister’s around the same age and shes seen me naked plenty a times, in fact same goes both ways. I cannot comprehend what the issue is here, its pretty funny actually.
Original post by TastyChicken
Why are you guys overreacting so much? My sister’s around the same age and shes seen me naked plenty a times, in fact same goes both ways. I cannot comprehend what the issue is here, its pretty funny actually.

You think it's funny to see your little sister naked? Tf
Original post by Anonymous
You think it's funny to see your little sister naked? Tf

No this conversation and ridiculous debate. Its nonsensical and unnecessary. This is your sister, not some creep from next door.
Original post by TastyChicken

If true, that is certainly not the norm, or indeed normal.
Idk about you guys, but as someone with two older brothers, it is definitely NOT a pleasant thing to see your older sibling naked, you might forget about it, or it might be a scarring image that you can never remove from your head. Yeah, she's 10, but she will definitely remember it. I'd probably keep quiet about it as to not rub it in and lessening her chances of forgetting it. Also, for those who don't think it's weird, ya nasty.
Talk to her about it and confirm how she feels about It, or ignore It and laugh about It In the future. Don't fret dude.
Reply 14
My sister (age 16) saw me so I am dead serious what should I do
Original post by ZBLANK2
My sister (age 16) saw me so I am dead serious what should I do
Nothing.

OK modesty is good, but there shouldn't be any worry about a family member seeing you naked. If not like you're staring at one another or going to bed together.

Latest