The Student Room Group

How much do I need???

Hey guys, I’m planning on travelling Europe for a month and have no idea how much to save up .How much , roughly, would this and flights cost? I want to fully enjoy the trip so nothing too budgety but simultaneously I won’t be staying in five star hotels so obviously nothing crazy. What would u do?
Original post by JessicaannevE
Hey guys, I’m planning on travelling Europe for a month and have no idea how much to save up .How much , roughly, would this and flights cost? I want to fully enjoy the trip so nothing too budgety but simultaneously I won’t be staying in five star hotels so obviously nothing crazy. What would u do?

By that I mean how much money
for a month excluding flights and as a tourist you will probably spend about 700 on food and accomodation ect
Original post by jamesz173
for a month excluding flights and as a tourist you will probably spend about 700 on food and accomodation ect

What sort of accommodation like hostel or university halls which are let to the public over holidays
Reply 4
Interrailing is a good way of travelling, that's what I'm doing in the summer - 3 weeks
Flights will vary depending on where you're flying from and too.
Use flight comparison websites to find out how much flights will cost and to what place will be cheapest. Also depending on when you book could affect it.
Think about what you want to see-will you be sticking to free touristic attractions or also paying for some things

You're saying 175 a week to cover both food and accommodation?

I suppose if you stayed in hostels and ate very cheaply that's doable but OP said 'nothing too budgety'.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
You're saying 175 a week to cover both food and accommodation?

I suppose if you stayed in hostels and ate very cheaply that's doable but OP said 'nothing too budgety'.
I would like to do it as cheap as I can but I want to make the most of my experience like eating out which obviously gonna cost abit. If u want to eat out several nights a week how much could that be
Forgot to say what I meant by nothing too budgety is just being able to eat out, drink, go clubbing and do some activities that are touristy that costs money! You gotta enjoy yourself
oh in that case i would add an extra 100 quid for each week
I would like to do it as cheap as I can but I want to make the most of my experience like eating out which obviously gonna cost abit. If u want to eat out several nights a week how much could that be

Well there's a minimum you can spend eating out, which obviously depends where you are. That's the price of a main meal in a cheap restaurant, basically. Beyond that, you might have just your main meal with tap water somewhere cheap, or you might have three courses with wine somewhere expensive. It's really up to you how expensive it is.

The answer to all of this is really that you should figure out where in particular you want to go, and look up some prices, because the difference is going to be huge depending on exactly where you're going and exactly what you want.

As a totally general figure, though, for a 'not particularly budgety' month in Europe including eating out (but not lavishly), tourist activities, staying in decent places (but not fancy ones), going out drinking etc, I'd look at saving at least 2 grand, and probably a bit more if you're thinking of spending time in expensive capitals.
oh in that case i would add an extra 100 quid for each week
yass was thinking that!
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Well there's a minimum you can spend eating out, which obviously depends where you are. That's the price of a main meal in a cheap restaurant, basically. Beyond that, you might have just your main meal with tap water somewhere cheap, or you might have three courses with wine somewhere expensive. It's really up to you how expensive it is.

The answer to all of this is really that you should figure out where in particular you want to go, and look up some prices, because the difference is going to be huge depending on exactly where you're going and exactly what you want.

As a totally general figure, though, for a 'not particularly budgety' month in Europe including eating out (but not lavishly), tourist activities, staying in decent places (but not fancy ones), going out drinking etc, I'd look at saving at least 2 grand, and probably a bit more if you're thinking of spending time in expensive capitals.

Cheers for the response! I honestly don’t mind hostels it’s just a place to crash I’d rather spend more on the experience- no idea why people stay in lavish hotels when they’re travelling when they aren’t even there most of the time 😂
Where in Europe? Switzerland is very different to Bulgaria.
Original post by doodle_333
Where in Europe? Switzerland is very different to Bulgaria.

Everywhere bar Eastern Europe! Just going to the generic touristy parts
Everywhere bar Eastern Europe! Just going to the generic touristy parts

I mean most cities you can find a cheap hostel but quality will vary... And cities are different e.g. Berlin is cheap compared to Munich. If you go to the cheaper cities it shouldn't be too bad.
Original post by BDunlop
Interrailing is a good way of travelling, that's what I'm doing in the summer - 3 weeks

Ooooo wow! tho how are u gonna pass those long hours on the train
Ooooo wow! tho how are u gonna pass those long hours on the train

I'm going with friends, so i guess i'll have them. The view. And the trusty Netflix ofc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending