Josephine Butler College (Durham) 2018 Offer Holders!

Watch
Thehopeful67
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello everyone! This is a thread for Durham Josephine Butler college offer-holders 2018. I haven't seen one yet so thought it would be great to get to know some other applicants Image (may or may not have stolen that intro )

So my introduction:
Username: thehopeful67
Course: Computer Science with Foundation
Hobbies: Programming, GoT, Music & Travelling

Would be great to get to know everyone, look forward to seeing the responses!

Maybe we could get a facebook/whatsapp group up and running?
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
CerysStock00
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Thehopeful67)
Hello everyone! This is a thread for Durham Josephine Butler college offer-holders 2018. I haven't seen one yet so thought it would be great to get to know some other applicants Image (may or may not have stolen that intro )

So my introduction:

Hey!
Username: CerysStock00
Course: Biosciences (MBiol)
Hobbies: Naps, leg day, reading and basically just chilling honestly
Sataris
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CerysStock00)
Hey!
Username: CerysStock00
Course: Biosciences (MBiol)
Hobbies: Naps, leg day, reading and basically just chilling honestly
It's a good thing you like leg day if you're in Butler
taylorc23
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi everyone,

Username: taylorc23
Course: BA Economics
Hobbies: Music, shooting, and all things film

I've firmed my conditional offer so if all goes well then I hope to be seeing you all around the Butler grounds sometime soon!
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sataris)
Walking distance right? I have to walk 4 miles.
Durfess
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Haha, a lot of us thought this too before turning up. There's a couple of neat shortcuts that feel like you just cut through the entirety of Elvet hill.

At least you won't need to go near cardiac hill to get home, that'd be hell. Poor Psych students
Sataris
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Durfess)
Haha, a lot of us thought this too before turning up. There's a couple of neat shortcuts that feel like you just cut through the entirety of Elvet hill.

At least you won't need to go near cardiac hill to get home, that'd be hell. Poor Psych students
Nice username lol

Yeah I was quite happy getting out of bed in Mary's each morning and just hopping across to the science site for lectures
Durfess
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nice username lol

Yeah I was quite happy getting out of bed in Mary's each morning and just hopping across to the science site for lectures
Y'know the name came during one of my lectures so did Tindur, I'm much more proud of Tindur than of 'Durfess' as a name ;P
Student499
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Thehopeful67)

So my introduction:

Hi!!
Username: Student499
Course: Psychology Bsc

I'm not living at the Uni though and am planning to travel to the university daily but I'm still hoping I can make friends within Josephine Butler college
greysychology
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Student499)
Hi!!
Username: Student499
Course: Psychology Bsc

I'm not living at the Uni though and am planning to travel to the university daily but I'm still hoping I can make friends within Josephine Butler college
I'll be studying Psychology too
Student499
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by greysychology)
I'll be studying Psychology too
That's awesome! I'm glad that I'm definitely not the only one at Josephine Butler studying psychology I wasn't able to attend a post offer open day so I haven't met anyone on the course but I'm hoping to meet new people at freshers.
CerysStock00
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That's awesome! I'm glad that I'm definitely not the only one at Josephine Butler studying psychology I wasn't able to attend a post offer open day so I haven't met anyone on the course but I'm hoping to meet new people at freshers.
Haven't heard anyone else at Butler for Biosciences yet so that's basically my plan too tbh
Durfess
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah most of my friends didn't end up going You'll meet people either way.
TB172
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Haven't heard anyone else at Butler for Biosciences yet so that's basically my plan too tbh
I'm going to be doing bio sciences too!
CerysStock00
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TB172)
I'm going to be doing bio sciences too!
I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!
TB172
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!
Hahaha me too! I thought because it's far away from the science site that no one would bother tbh.
CerysStock00
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TB172)
Hahaha me too! I thought because it's far away from the science site that no one would bother tbh.
At least everythings down hill right? Plus there's the back way to the biosciences department to save us going up cardiac hill everytime!
TB172
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
At least everythings down hill right? Plus there's the back way to the biosciences department to save us going up cardiac hill everytime!
Oh I didn't know about the back way!
CerysStock00
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TB172)
Oh I didn't know about the back way!
Yeah if you go towards the botanical gardens there's a cut through to get to biosciences
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (606)
33.85%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (749)
41.84%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (355)
19.83%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.47%

Watched Threads