The Student Room Group

WHO was Jack the Ripper?

Was it actually any of the named suspects, or just some random-ass mother****er nobody's ever heard of like you or me.

It's probably the latter.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I heard it was Theresa May.
Apparently they uncovered the identity a year ago or something. Some factory/mill owning wealthy guy from liverpool.

Edit: I don't think he was one of the main suspects
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Apparently they uncovered the identity a year ago or something. Some factory/mill owning wealthy guy from liverpool.

Edit: I don't think he was one of the main suspects

They apparently uncover his identity every year, and it's always a different one.

Probably it was some random nobody with zero motive who was never suspected.

It's interesting that the Zodiac was also never caught and he's very similar to Jack the Ripper, in that they both sent letters about their crimes to the press.
Original post by RockyDennis
They apparently uncover his identity every year, and it's always a different one.

Probably it was some random nobody with zero motive who was never suspected.

It's interesting that the Zodiac was also never caught and he's very similar to Jack the Ripper, in that they both sent letters about their crimes to the press.

lol didn't know that. They seemed pretty convinced after they found a diary in some old attic.
Pretty hard to catch who he was at the time when the police believed taking photos of the victims eyes was going to tell them who the culprit was :lol:
Was it actually any of the named suspects, or just some random-ass mother****er nobody's ever heard of like you or me.

I heard of the murderer came from White Chapel. And some prostitutes were witnesses. Seems the best to ask some of them to get the secret finally out.
Someone said to me it was Prince William, I mean he does suit the profile except for his age.
Original post by Kallisto
I heard of the murderer came from White Chapel. And some prostitutes were witnesses. Seems the best to ask some of them to get the secret finally out.

Good idea. Someone should go and dig them up.
Not too sure but he has a very good name, I'll give him that much.
every year somebody called Ron or Derek publishes a book naming some unlikely suspect and giving a raft of flimsy evidence to support their obsession.

smh

there is no reason to suppose it was a man... perhaps some crazy woman who was frustrated at not being allowed to train as a doctor ? there must be a good straight to DVD film/ TV mini-series in there :h:
Original post by randomaccount1
Good idea. Someone should go and dig them up.

Not dig them up only, but also to reassemble them. After that I see no problems to ask the prostitutes about Jack the Ripper out.
Original post by Kallisto
Not dig them up only, but also to reassemble them. After that I see no problems to ask the prostitutes about Jack the Ripper out.

Apart from the fact that they're dead, of course.
Original post by the bear
every year somebody called Ron or Derek publishes a book naming some unlikely suspect and giving a raft of flimsy evidence to support their obsession.

smh

there is no reason to suppose it was a man... perhaps some crazy woman who was frustrated at not being allowed to train as a doctor ? there must be a good straight to DVD film/ TV mini-series in there :h:

"Jackie the Ripper" starring Natalie Portman as Amelia Fitzgibbon a talented anatomist who is forbidden to train as a doctor. She tried her hand at prostitution but failed the exams, mainly the oral.
Also starring Olivia Coleman as Detective Inspectorette Lydia Clapper, the first head of the newly formed Criminal Investigation Bureau.
Original post by Napp
I heard it was Theresa May.

Remind me why the hell I tried to Google this. :s-smilie:
"Jackie the Ripper" starring Natalie Portman as Amelia Fitzgibbon a talented anatomist who is forbidden to train as a doctor. She tried her hand at prostitution but failed the exams, mainly the oral.
Also starring Olivia Coleman as Detective Inspectorette Lydia Clapper, the first head of the newly formed Criminal Investigation Bureau.

in episode IV ,after spending the previous three episodes sucking her impressive teeth under various gas lights in the East End, Mrs Clapper finally has an epiphany after seeing an advertisement for ABC Bakeries painted on a wall.
the perpetrator is spelling a word with the organs removed from the victims:

i) Appendix

ii) Mesentery

iii) Ear

iv) Lungs

v) Intestine

if only Lydia could figure out the last letter ....

I know who it is. We have all grown up with him since we were young. None of us noticed. He lived a double life and would cheat on Wendy.

I know you're thinking what is he talking about.

Spoiler

in episode IV ,after spending the previous three episodes sucking her impressive teeth under various gas lights in the East End, Mrs Clapper finally has an epiphany after seeing an advertisement for ABC Bakeries painted on a wall.
the perpetrator is spelling a word with the organs removed from the victims:

i) Appendix

ii) Mesentery

iii) Ear

iv) Lungs

v) Intestine

if only Lydia could figure out the last letter ....

Eye
Original post by randomaccount1
Eye

Ankle
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by simple123site
I know who it is. We have all grown up with him since we were young. None of us noticed. He lived a double life and would cheat on Wendy.

I know you're thinking what is he talking about.

Spoiler

hiding in plain sight.

smh

Quick Reply

Latest