ramadan during GCSEs? Watch

:)Esss:)
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
do i fast or not? it's not very hard to fast during exams rightt??
HydraFly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by :)Esss:))
I've always fasted, it's just not a good enough excuse to miss out on a compulsory deed
Rep:
?
(Original post by HydraFly)
I've always fasted, it's just not a good enough excuse to miss out on a compulsory deed
ok yh true. i guess i should at least try
rumana098
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
please dont miss out on fasting just because of exams its not a valid reason to not fast. I am also doing my gcses this year and i am going to fast. Plus you will recieve more blessings. It won't be that hard, you just need to eat the right foods and you will be fine.
Rep:
?
(Original post by rumana098)
please dont miss out on fasting just because of exams its not a valid reason to not fast. I am also doing my gcses this year and i am going to fast. Plus you will recieve more blessings. It won't be that hard, you just need to eat the right foods and you will be fine.
right foods as in?
Perfection Ace
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
right foods as in?
Make sure you drink plenty of water during sehri (pre-dawn meal) and after iftar (breaking the fast). During sehri, eat a balanced meal containing foods rich in carbs and fibre (such as rice, vegetables, wholemeal bread. Make sure to get your protein too via chicken/fish etc. Don't try to eat too much though as this will make you feel more hungry and weak during the day.

I fasted during most of my GCSEs and to be honest, it wasn't too much of a difference. Try your best to fast and pray - have faith that everything will work out.

All the best
rumana098
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
right foods as in?
its really important to drink A LOT of water before you fast and after you break your fast. You need to eat a lot of foods that give you energy, so foods that has glucose and plenty of carbs like pasta, potato etc..
Dont eat a lot of fatty foods and fried foods. Also eat a lot of fruits and stuff like nuts and yogurts. You can google it as well to see what you can eat and shouldnt eat
redonks
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i fasted during my gcses and honestly i don't feel like it made a difference

worst part is your tummy making weird sounds in the exam hall
Rep:
?
(Original post by redonks)
i fasted during my gcses and honestly i don't feel like it made a difference

worst part is your tummy making weird sounds in the exam hall
mine does that regardless of whether i eat or not. I think it's bc you get nervous or something idk
Fazzy_77
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you're really worried then maybe practise fasting a couple days before exams start just so you get used to it.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Perfection Ace)
Make sure you drink plenty of water during sehri (pre-dawn meal) and after iftar (breaking the fast). During sehri, eat a balanced meal containing foods rich in carbs and fibre (such as rice, vegetables, wholemeal bread. Make sure to get your protein too via chicken/fish etc. Don't try to eat too much though as this will make you feel more hungry and weak during the day.

I fasted during most of my GCSEs and to be honest, it wasn't too much of a difference. Try your best to fast and pray - have faith that everything will work out.

All the best
yup i'll try bc you know i might as well. i usually don't really eat anything during sehri and just drink a glass of water and then attack the food at iftar but tbh i don't think that's a very good strategy bc although i kept all the fasts last year, i didn't do much as i was so tired the whole day.
yahyaahmad3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Bro I gave my IGCSEs last year while fasting and as I live in Pakistan we had to do iftar during the paper where we were given juices and dates. Leaving that aside I'd argue that it's good cuz you get a feeling of satisfaction and a belief that Allah would help you through
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
TheRuralJuror
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you could not fast...but the fail. plot twist right?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Mother Queen
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am a muslim and I am not fasting!!! It will (no offence) condemn you!!!!!!!!
Rep:
?
(Original post by yahyaahmad3)
Bro I gave my IGCSEs last year while fasting and as I live in Pakistan we had to do iftar during the paper where we were given juices and dates. Leaving that aside I'd argue that it's good cuz you get a feeling of satisfaction and a belief that Allah would help you through
Okay yh I’ll stop complaining but to be fair the fasts in Pakistan are shorter
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.41%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (66)
9.78%
No I am happy with my course choice (382)
56.59%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.22%

Watched Threads