The Student Room Group

I don't want to be a vet but I do! PLEASE HELP

So as the title says, after doing work experience, I've found that I don't want to be a vet, but I really want to work in a vet practice or something similar. I've considered the vet nurse route etc. but I don't think that's really for me.
Does anyone have any jobs that are similar to veterinary but more researched based as I'm thinking of doing a MSci Biology degree at uni.
Thanks in advance
So what do you actually want to do? Research medicine for animals?
Original post by James1324
So as the title says, after doing work experience, I've found that I don't want to be a vet, but I really want to work in a vet practice or something similar. I've considered the vet nurse route etc. but I don't think that's really for me.
Does anyone have any jobs that are similar to veterinary but more researched based as I'm thinking of doing a MSci Biology degree at uni.
Thanks in advance

You are going to have to do more thinking an analysis of your reasoning. Why do you not want to be a vet? If you just can't face putting your arm up a cow, then you can still be a small animal vet (though you'd have to get through training), but if you can't face the euthanasia, they you probably can't sensibly consider a career with animals at all, as death is a fact of life in all animal based careers. Check out how many careers are based on having a veterinary degree, but then not practicing as a vet - would that suit?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending