The Student Room Group

Should I drop out of school?

I have thought about this for a while now.

The only reason why I am staying in school currently is for my friends and the experience. I have realised how shoddy the school education is and I want no part of it. Instead of going to school, I would be building up my business which I am trying to start. Then we have the homework which is wasting even more of my time. Let’s just say I am definitely not staying for my A-levels and I am not going to college.

So, should I drop out of school?
how old are ?
Reply 2
Original post by Ray_Shadows
how old are ?

I am 14. I know, I am young.
You don't have your GCSEs yet. If you mess up with this "business" (which no offense but you're very likely considering you're young and I'm assuming inexperienced), you'll have nothing to fall back on.
No, not only is it a bad idea it's also illegal and your parents could get in a lot of trouble. Stick it out until you've done your GCSE's at least. If you want to set up a business you'll find it very difficult to get respect without even the most basic qualifications. Not to mention that learning about business studies or economics would likely be a great help to you.
Original post by Uncle_Hatty
I am 14. I know, I am young.

i thought you had to be 18 to start an official business

if i were you i would give it till you finish your gcses and who knows your mind could change
Reply 6
Original post by Stresspot262
No, not only is it a bad idea it's also illegal and your parents could get in a lot of trouble. Stick it out until you've done your GCSE's at least. If you want to set up a business you'll find it very difficult to get respect without even the most basic qualifications. Not to mention that learning about business studies or economics would likely be a great help to you.

You make a valid point. I’ll stay in school. Thank you.
Reply 7
Original post by Uncle_Hatty
You make a valid point. I’ll stay in school. Thank you.

You'll unfortunately have to stick it out for the next few years.

Is there any particular subject you are interested in? If so I would recommend going ahead of the syllabus and self teaching it.ti keep things interesting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending