I'm ugly without makeup. Watch

shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
OP most likely you're comparing yourself, or others are comparing you, to a picture of someone that is clearly edited to portray an ideal that is unattainable in real life. Advertisers do this to fool the customer into buying their product, believing it will make them a more desirable version of themselves. If you've been spending a lot on your appearance and aren't happy, start doing the opposite (not spending) and see you how feel after a while
cat_mac
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's actually impossible for me to go out without makeup - I've never done this in years. I just look ill without it.
BIG MOOD. Honestly I feel your pain, if i walk my dog in the dark without make up I have to hold my hand over my face or turn away if I pass people so they can’t see my face. Once risked a sunday morning driving test bare faced and my instructor said “you look awful, are you ill?” And pulled over the car TWICE because I looked so “ill”. I told him I just wasn’t wearing make up and he laughed and thought I was joking. My mum even says I need “at least a little” make up if i’m going out the house. 🙃

No one will ever tell it to your face, they’ll just tell you you’re beautiful as you are and all that lovey bs. I’m just thankful I can be confident with make up on, that I don’t have to live with the shame 24/7. I seriously avoid mirrors and reflective surfaces when i’m bare faces because I can’t take it. It really pisses me off when people so obviously lie to save my feelings getting hurt.
cat_mac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by shawn_o1)
OP most likely you're comparing yourself, or others are comparing you, to a picture of someone that is clearly edited to portray an ideal that is unattainable in real life. Advertisers do this to fool the customer into buying their product, believing it will make them a more desirable version of themselves. If you've been spending a lot on your appearance and aren't happy, start doing the opposite (not spending) and see you how feel after a while
Sorry but nah, most girls have seen multiple friends and relatives without make up. There are plenty of girls that are naturally beautiful or at least decent without make up, which is much more painful to witness than models who are obviously edited and wearing tonnes of make up, photographed by professionals.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by cat_mac)
BIG MOOD. Honestly I feel your pain, if i walk my dog in the dark without make up I have to hold my hand over my face or turn away if I pass people so they can’t see my face. Once risked a sunday morning driving test bare faced and my instructor said “you look awful, are you ill?” And pulled over the car TWICE because I looked so “ill”. I told him I just wasn’t wearing make up and he laughed and thought I was joking. My mum even says I need “at least a little” make up if i’m going out the house. 🙃

No one will ever tell it to your face, they’ll just tell you you’re beautiful as you are and all that lovey bs. I’m just thankful I can be confident with make up on, that I don’t have to live with the shame 24/7. I seriously avoid mirrors and reflective surfaces when i’m bare faces because I can’t take it. It really pisses me off when people so obviously lie to save my feelings getting hurt.
Exactly! Omg, so accurate. My mum also says that to me, meaning that even if one day I did muster up the courage to go out with makeup, my mum would probably tell me to put a bit of makeup on when i'm just about to leave.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by shawn_o1)
I'm actually not comparing myself to anyone, to be honest. I'm just comparing my makeup self to my non-makeup self.
Chichaldo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Same. Although I would probably look bad with it as I do not know how to apply it as a guy.

In all seriousness, go for what is most comfortable. If you can go out with no make-up, do so, if you feel most confident with some on, then apply some. I would only say that wearing an awful lot that takes up too much time is probably not the option to go for unless, again, this is how you feel comfortable.

At the end of the day, we are not all going to be adored by everything like the people we see on TV and such. However, there is someone for everyone, no, more than that, there are many people who will find you attractive!

Just take care of yourself, smile and laugh.
cat_mac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Exactly! Omg, so accurate. My mum also says that to me, meaning that even if one day I did muster up the courage to go out with makeup, my mum would probably tell me to put a bit of makeup on when i'm just about to leave.
Yep it really sucks! Every time i’ve pushed myself and gone out without make up i’ve gone home feeling awful because my thoughts were proved right. But people are too sunshine and rainbows to acknowledge it, I don’t trust anyones opinion other than the one in the mirror.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by The Introvert)
Anyone who is worth being in a relationship with shouldn’t care about what you look like without makeup.

So if you went out shopping and saw the latest Iphone, got it .... unwrapped the packaging the next day and found out you had been deceived ..and undreath everything it was really an Iphone 4 ...you wouldn't ask for your money back and go get a new one?

sorry but if she's propper deceiving guys with her makeup and jumping up several points on the attractiveness scale then she can't be all that surprised if some of them [upon realising] decide to go and get their refund so to speak

sounds harsh, ..but if she doesn't want that problem then she should wear less makeup

simples.
dhsdsygysdgsydg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
are you ugly with makeup as well ?
username3748656
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey it's alright, most girls look like sh*t without makeup.

*hears rumble and screeches*

o fuk.

Spoiler:
Show

jk idk I've never seen a girl without makeup.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
I always go out with filled in eyebrows and concealer under my eyes and mascara because I look dead without it. People think i'm pretty even though I just put the same amount of makeup that other girls put but somehow there's a big contrast between my makeup and non-makeup face, unlike other girls who are still somewhat pretty without makeup.

My face without makeup: thin, light eyebrows, dark circles under eyes and dead-looking eyes (my eyes are only pretty with mascara).

I don't want to be 'fake' and wish I was one of those naturally pretty girls. People don't see me as I really am but it's just really annoying that the only makeup I use is for like general corrections (concealer, etc) + mascara for brightening the eyes that everyone uses but on me there's a big difference when I don't use it.
Hey, it sounds to me like you have been so influenced by social media and you may not even realise. When you refer to not wanting to be "fake", this is clearly a result of listening to hateful, silly posts about girls choice to wear makeup. I see these all the time; often posts such as "Boys, make sure to take them swimming on the first date" and other stupid stuff. Also, you have said that you want to be like all of the "naturally pretty girls" i feel like that is a result of you seeing all the Instagram accounts, as well as comparing yourself to others who you see in day to day life. Comparing yourself is the worst thing to do. I am sure you are so beautiful with and without makeup but if wearing it makes you feel more comfortable then that is okay! It doesn't mean you are being "fake", makeup is art for anyone to use! At the end of the day it is really about you sitting down and thinking about whether you really care what others think! And coming from me who previously couldn't leave the house without makeup, the sooner you start going makeup free the more comfortable you'll feel! I really hope this helps xoxoxo
Liv2126
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I completely get how you feel, i'm excatly the same! But you know what, i've come to realise that make-up is a life saver because it can give you so much confidence and happiness, which enables you to get on with your life. Don't look at it as a bad thing. I have trichotillomania which means I have no eyelashes so I look like an alien with no make-up on! I sometimes worry that people will think i'm fake as I wear false eyelashes everyday, as well as eyeliner, contour, powder, and eyebrow make-up. At the end of the day though, if it's giving you the confidence to just be you, and do all the things you want to then what's so wrong with that? I get its so hard not to compare yourself with others, i do it everyday, but everyones different and everyone is beautiful in their own way. As for the relationship thing, I promise you when someone falls in love with you, they will fall in love with your personality and you as an individual - your beauty is an added bonus! I am completely confident in saying that if they see you without make-up on, nothing will change. If they do hypothetically break-up because they can't handle your face without make-up then they're obviously very shallow and not worth giving the time of day to!You are beautiful, inside and out!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ANM775)
So if you went out shopping and saw the latest Iphone, got it .... unwrapped the packaging the next day and found out you had been deceived ..and undreath everything it was really an Iphone 4 ...you wouldn't ask for your money back and go get a new one?

sorry but if she's propper deceiving guys with her makeup and jumping up several points on the attractiveness scale then she can't be all that surprised if some of them [upon realising] decide to go and get their refund so to speak

sounds harsh, ..but if she doesn't want that problem then she should wear less makeup

simples.
You're a d*ck
The Introvert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

simples.
But equally, if you went on a date with a girl, I’m sure that you would dress smarter, wear an aftershave that you wouldn’t do normally etc. It’s the same thing. You’d be annoyed if you were rejected after she saw you as you are day-to-day. We all want to emphasise our best aspects, and I think that makeup is about showing them off, but only when you want to.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You're a d*ck

why am I a "d*ck"?

If I enhanced my looks by 2 or 3 points with photoshop online and got date via Tinder like that, most likely the girl would feel deceived and not be open to any relationship upon meeting me.

so why if a girl does that [but with makeup] is the guy obligated to stick with her?

piss of with that bull****

If you're worried about guys bailing then simply don't depict yourself as something you're obviously not. It's not brain science.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by The Introvert)
But equally, if you went on a date with a girl, I’m sure that you would dress smarter, wear an aftershave that you wouldn’t do normally etc. It’s the same thing. You’d be annoyed if you were rejected after she saw you as you are day-to-day. We all want to emphasise our best aspects, and I think that makeup is about showing them off, but only when you want to.

wearing aftershave and a smart suit does not push a man up by 2 or 3 points like makeup does.....

there is nothing I can do to instantly make myself leap up in points the way makeup can do for girls
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
why am I a "d*ck"?

If I enhanced my looks by 2 or 3 points with photoshop online and got date via Tinder like that, most likely the girl would feel deceived and not be open to any relationship upon meeting me.

so why if a girl does that [but with makeup] is the guy obligated to stick with her?

piss of with that bull****

If you're worried about guys bailing then simply don't depict yourself as something you're obviously not. It's not brain science.
I hope you stay single forever you shallow piece of sh*t. F**king nasty little c*nt. I bet you're just some ugly guy hahaha.
JessicaannevE
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I always go out with filled in eyebrows and concealer under my eyes and mascara because I look dead without it. People think i'm pretty even though I just put the same amount of makeup that other girls put but somehow there's a big contrast between my makeup and non-makeup face, unlike other girls who are still somewhat pretty without makeup.

My face without makeup: thin, light eyebrows, dark circles under eyes and dead-looking eyes (my eyes are only pretty with mascara).

I don't want to be 'fake' and wish I was one of those naturally pretty girls. People don't see me as I really am but it's just really annoying that the only makeup I use is for like general corrections (concealer, etc) + mascara for brightening the eyes that everyone uses but on me there's a big difference when I don't use it.
it might sound easier said than done but it W works.go on those makeup free for 30days challenges. The reason why u feel you’re ugly is bc you are not used to being without makeup on when you are going out. You need to reverse the feeling of “normal” when u wear makeup and get used to not wearing makeup and it’ll become normal.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I hope you stay single forever you shallow piece of sh*t. F**king nasty little c*nt. I bet you're just some ugly guy hahaha.

ouch it looks like i've touched a nerve with you lol
perhaps you relate too much to the OP

If cussing and hurling abuse helps you cope better with the hand you drew ..then sure believe what you like :P
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
ouch it looks like i've touched a nerve with you lol
perhaps you relate too much to the OP

If cussing and hurling abuse helps you cope better with the hand you drew ..then sure believe what you like :P
Says you haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (12)
29.27%
Spring (7)
17.07%
Autumn/Fall (10)
24.39%
Winter (8)
19.51%
I love them all equally (4)
9.76%