I'm ugly without makeup. Watch

WonderBis
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Okay why don't you start doing this, put on makeup but naturally, in a sense. For e.g. instead of using mascara, curl your lashes instead and apply vaseline, it will just make you feel more natural inside. For your eyebags, there's always remedies for them, it does take time, but make the effort.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by ANM775)
So if you went out shopping and saw the latest Iphone, got it .... unwrapped the packaging the next day and found out you had been deceived ..and undreath everything it was really an Iphone 4 ...you wouldn't ask for your money back and go get a new one?

sorry but if she's propper deceiving guys with her makeup and jumping up several points on the attractiveness scale then she can't be all that surprised if some of them [upon realising] decide to go and get their refund so to speak

sounds harsh, ..but if she doesn't want that problem then she should wear less makeup

simples.
I don't wear a lot of makeup though
Anonymous #1
(Original post by dhsdsygysdgsydg)
are you ugly with makeup as well ?
No, i'm pretty with makeup. I think it's cause i already have big eyes and accentuated cheekbones.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ANM775)
So if you went out shopping and saw the latest Iphone, got it .... unwrapped the packaging the next day and found out you had been deceived ..and undreath everything it was really an Iphone 4 ...you wouldn't ask for your money back and go get a new one?

sorry but if she's propper deceiving guys with her makeup and jumping up several points on the attractiveness scale then she can't be all that surprised if some of them [upon realising] decide to go and get their refund so to speak

sounds harsh, ..but if she doesn't want that problem then she should wear less makeup

simples.
and how can you compare a human being to a material object?
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
and how can you compare a human being to a material object?

to get my point across effectively as I know you folk love your gadgets....

If you object to that comparison then take the photoshop/Tinder example

you were giving the impression you looked a lot better with makeup and usually when women look a lot better with makeup they are using a lot of it .. hence I thought you were using a lot

most guys expect women to look better with makeup so if you've just gone up a point or something then most likely there will be no issues with guys bailing as he'll be like expecting you to look a bit worst without it on, ...but if the makeup is making you look a huge amount better then be prepared that some guys might not like that when they see you without it....
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but those "naturally pretty" girls also wear makeup. "Natural style" makeup looks are pretty popular these days, but don't be misled - it is still makeup.

If you don't want to wear makeup then don't, but equally if you feel more comfortable wearing it then by all means, do so.

Anyone who thinks someone who wears makeup is "fake" is pretty shallow (ironically, perhaps) and equally anyone that doesn't think every single girl on instagram who posts a pic "in bed without makeup!!1!1!! omg!!1!" hasn't spent at least 5 minutes applying makeup is pretty dumb.

Plus if your issue here is what "boys" will think, trust me the amount of time men spend preening over their hair, beards/facial hair, pristine trainers/chucks, rolled sleeves (seriously.) etc, etc, even if they make a point of how manly and masculine they are and "not into girly stuff" is...unbelievable. Seriously the hypocrisy of some of these guys (that I know personally) is staggering - they will stop at every single reflective surface to check there isn't a single strand of hair out of place but also make jokes about how long women take to get ready and somehow not connect the dots.
Fazzy_77
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but those "naturally pretty" girls also wear makeup. "Natural style" makeup looks are pretty popular these days, but don't be misled - it is still makeup.

If you don't want to wear makeup then don't, but equally if you feel more comfortable wearing it then by all means, do so.

Anyone who thinks someone who wears makeup is "fake" is pretty shallow (ironically, perhaps) and equally anyone that doesn't think every single girl on instagram who posts a pic "in bed without makeup!!1!1!! omg!!1!" hasn't spent at least 5 minutes applying makeup is pretty dumb.

Plus if your issue here is what "boys" will think, trust me the amount of time men spend preening over their hair, beards/facial hair, pristine trainers/chucks, rolled sleeves (seriously.) etc, etc, even if they make a point of how manly and masculine they are and "not into girly stuff" is...unbelievable. Seriously the hypocrisy of some of these guys (that I know personally) is staggering - they will stop at every single reflective surface to check there isn't a single strand of hair out of place but also making jokes about how long women take to get ready and somehow not connect the dots.
Couldn't have said it better myself :clap2:
Khushi.S
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It might just be that you are used to thinking that you look better with makeup and you might also just be used to your face with makeup?
Ttfruitpie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I totally get you. I feel the exact same way. My face looks so dramatically different and better with makeup (and it's not the amount, as I use what you described. Correctors and light makeup) That's what makeup is suppose to do. Right? But on my face, it must be the shape of it or something, it is a night and day difference from average to pretty. And I agree, there are some woman who are cute without it while I feel like an ill Victorian child who won't make it through the winter (read that in a meme XD)
username4379398
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I always go out with filled in eyebrows and concealer under my eyes and mascara because I look dead without it. People think i'm pretty even though I just put the same amount of makeup that other girls put but somehow there's a big contrast between my makeup and non-makeup face, unlike other girls who are still somewhat pretty without makeup.

My face without makeup: thin, light eyebrows, dark circles under eyes and dead-looking eyes (my eyes are only pretty with mascara).

I don't want to be 'fake' and wish I was one of those naturally pretty girls. People don't see me as I really am but it's just really annoying that the only makeup I use is for like general corrections (concealer, etc) mascara for brightening the eyes that everyone uses but on me there's a big difference when I don't use it.
Try find ways to fix it up in different ways instead of using makeup. For example start doing some sports start eating healthy start sleeping early, drink a lot of water etc... all these things help! Try analyse ya daily routine and make better changes. I used to have baare spots around my forehead and dark eyes, basically used to look like a zombie lol. Since I started doing sports and made better changes it made me feel so much better about myself. I regained my natural beuty. Ohh Yehh forgot to mention one more thing. Using makeup ruins ya skin even more. Just avoid that crap. The makeup industry is just after ya money and selling products which will give u short term happiness and selling you dreams that it will make u look better, whereas it’s ruining ya skin on the low and in the long run ya gonna look like the witch from snow white lol. I know we are lazy humans and makeup is a easy solution but just think about it realistically. ✌🏼🤟🏼 Also you are and the society is just deluded by these makeup adds on TV. These things have made you believe in BS. It’s just your mind telling you that you are ugly without makeup. Imo everyone is beautiful. Life choices make one look ugly. For example one is just sitting at home eating fatty foods and sleeping all day doing long basically being a slob or a hobo. OBVIOUSLY ya gonna look like some butters yute.
Last edited by username4379398; 8 months ago
username4379398
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
So to be specific. Dark circles under eyes - not enough sleep or lack of water consumed. Thin skin - apply sun cream, avoid smoking or drinking, avoid tanning etc. As to ya eyebrows or eyelashes - better food choices or you can also get supplements from holland and barretts... and most importantly cant foget sports.
Iliana514
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Girl i get you so much. I only wear mascara and literally a tiny line of eyeliner only on the lashline, cause I'm useless and i don't even know how to do a wing. And i look cute, but as soon as i remove that, i look UGLY ugly, like, my eyes are sooo ugly. The difference is so big, and idk how that's even possible. My face is assymetrical as fckkk, so i look like a different person from each side. And my one eye is SO ugly, like i look like a chimpanzee. Idk, i look like a boy and I'm still 16, so when I'm older i will have eye surgery or sum for sure.
I always go out with filled in eyebrows and concealer under my eyes and mascara because I look dead without it. People think i'm pretty even though I just put the same amount of makeup that other girls put but somehow there's a big contrast between my makeup and non-makeup face, unlike other girls who are still somewhat pretty without makeup.

My face without makeup: thin, light eyebrows, dark circles under eyes and dead-looking eyes (my eyes are only pretty with mascara).

I don't want to be 'fake' and wish I was one of those naturally pretty girls. People don't see me as I really am but it's just really annoying that the only makeup I use is for like general corrections (concealer, etc) + mascara for brightening the eyes that everyone uses but on me there's a big difference when I don't use it.
Last edited by Iliana514; 5 months ago
jamila244
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
if you make it a habit to wear a full face of makeup everyday, you'll start to dislike yourself without it
i used to wear a full face everyday but now i just wear minimal and save heavier makeup for big events and parties
trust me, if you can learn to wear less makeup, you'll start to like what you see
no one is 'ugly' without makeup. yes, we like the way we look with makeup on much more than we do without it
that's because it is intended to enhance your features and make you look more put together
try and go a few days without wearing lots of makeup, if you get used to it, you'll like it more

honestly, your looks don't define you
you as a human shouldn't be defined by under eye circles or tired looking eyes
you're human, literally no one can look 'absolutely airbrushed and perfect' without makeup
learn to love yourself for who you are, not just the way you look

at the end of the day, most people don't care if you wear makeup or not
most people don't even notice tbh
so do what makes you happy, that's the most important thing

just learn to love yourself
you're incredible with and without makeup
learn to like what you see in the mirror
and focus more on your actions and who you are as a person
that's what counts
don't criticise yourself for something you can't change
Last edited by jamila244; 5 months ago
Megs8
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You have to learn to love yourself
Jen188
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I know how that feels. Everyone in my life has only seen me with makeup and suddenly I’m this beautiful girl but every night I take it off, it’s like I’m a whole different person and I hate it because I just feel .. ugly.
sb0612
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
dude seriously **** off. you will never get a girl worth anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (61)
32.45%
Spring (35)
18.62%
Autumn/Fall (46)
24.47%
Winter (36)
19.15%
I love them all equally (10)
5.32%