UCL PGCE Offer Holders 2018/19 Watch

BlueSky18
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi! 😀

I thought this would be a great space to get to know each other, as well as for any questions regarding pre-enrolment and accommodation.

I accepted my offer a couple of months ago to study PGCE Art & Design. 🎨

Looking forward to hearing from you!
alleycat393
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by BlueSky18)
Hi! 😀

I thought this would be a great space to get to know each other, as well as for any questions regarding pre-enrolment and accommodation.

Check out this forum
BlueSky18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by alleycat393)
Check out this forum
Thank you!
username3868722
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi! 😀

Hey!

I'm currently in the process of piecing together my application - a little late I know but there are still places left at the unis I'm looking at (one of them UCL) so I'm hoping it'll all be fine! Ideally UCL would be my top option.

Congrats on your offer!
BlueSky18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi!

Thank you so much!

Go for it! As long as you have a passion for your subject and teaching it to others, and have interesting examples from any work experience to draw from, whilst allowing your personality to shine through with what fascinates and interests you about education, you'll do brilliantly!

Good luck with your application!
Christi_Oy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi! I just received my offer for PGCE Biology, anymore PGCE Science offer holders for 2018?
MadeleineRC
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I just received my offer for doing a primary PGCE! Starting in September anyone else?
marshars12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I have an offer for PGCE mathematics.
Looking fwd to ride this rollercoaster 😊
computed
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I've got an interview at UCL on the 25th!
jadeep2795
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Heeey, I got an offer for PGCE Psychology
Christi_Oy
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by computed)
I've got an interview at UCL on the 25th!
For which subject?
Skitty123456
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi! 😀

Hey

I originally applied and got an interview back in December, but cancelled my application as I didn't think I could afford the PGCE this year. However I am reconsidering and I really want to reapply - I think they still have spaces!

Was wondering, for those of you that do have offers, do you already live in London? I would have to move and find a houseshare, and was a little worried about money and how easy it would be to find a place.

Thanks!
rillette
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Skitty123456)
Hey

I originally applied and got an interview back in December, but cancelled my application as I didn't think I could afford the PGCE this year. However I am reconsidering and I really want to reapply - I think they still have spaces!

Was wondering, for those of you that do have offers, do you already live in London? I would have to move and find a houseshare, and was a little worried about money and how easy it would be to find a place.

Thanks!
I already live in London, South East. My top tip would be to choose an area in Zone 2 or 3, with decent transport links (and remember there is more to London transport than the tube!). The IOE have placement schools all over London anyway, and living in halls near the university itself certainly doesn't guarantee a nearby school - I know someone who had to commute out to Zone 6 every day to placement from the intercollegiate halls. Spareroom is probably your best bet as websites go, I know many people who've found places through it. Also bear in mind you will technically be a student so living with all other students would mean no council tax.
Xiaoqing Liu
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
How long did you guys get your offer after your interview?
Christi_Oy
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Xiaoqing Liu)
It may depend on the department, but I received my offer the day after my interview
Xiaoqing Liu
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Christi_Oy)
It may depend on the department, but I received my offer the day after my interview
what subject are you doing?
Christi_Oy
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
what subject are you doing?
Biology, you?
computed
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
They say 10 days, but they usually tell admissions straight away, and you can see it on UCAS within 2 days.

This is based on experience of applying last year and this year.
Petulia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Accepted an offer for PGCE Biology a few months back. Already live in London. Just need to get my primary experience and numeracy skills test done. Also still waiting for my degree result. Hope to meet some of you at the Welcome Event later this month!
HannahK96
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by MadeleineRC)
I just received my offer for doing a primary PGCE! Starting in September anyone else?
I have an offer for PGCE primary (UCL/IOE) starting in Sept too! Has anyone been sent any summer work or a reading list?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (50)
9.47%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.65%
No, but I want to start (189)
35.8%
No, I am unable to (123)
23.3%
No, I chose not to (152)
28.79%