The Student Room Group

Don't want my mum to be lonely

I'm from a traditional pakistani family. My mum has been a carer her whole life. She cared for my dad and my grandma. They both died and now she lives for us (her kids). She's 57 years old and ultimately we're all just getting older.

Out of 6 of us siblings, 4 of us will move out this year and I just worry for her. She's going to be really lonely. And I know this is going to sound stupid but I'm thinking of not moving away just so that she has a purpose? My other siblings couldn't give a crap but I just worry for her. Does anyone have any advice or been in a similar situation?
First of all I am from Pakistan so I know how much our parents do for our upbringing and helping us out to achieve what we want in life. But once they've done so us children become more and more ungrateful and do not even think of repaying them when they need us the most. It is amazing and a source of happiness for me that you are actually thinking about her. Onlys you know how lonely she'd feel after you've all left but she'll still be telling you guys to leave with a smile on her face just because she thinks that this is what would make her children happy. My advice would be that you yourself are in the best position to analyze the situation and look at the pros and cons. There are several ahadeeth about the importance of parents and how one should do all he can to keep them happy. May Allah grant you and your mother health and happiness and increase your love for her

Hope this helps
Assalamualaikum
You have to take care of your own life too. Definitely leave but I would suggest keeping in contact with her every day.
Reply 3
Original post by yahyaahmad3
First of all I am from Pakistan so I know how much our parents do for our upbringing and helping us out to achieve what we want in life. But once they've done so us children become more and more ungrateful and do not even think of repaying them when they need us the most. It is amazing and a source of happiness for me that you are actually thinking about her. Onlys you know how lonely she'd feel after you've all left but she'll still be telling you guys to leave with a smile on her face just because she thinks that this is what would make her children happy. My advice would be that you yourself are in the best position to analyze the situation and look at the pros and cons. There are several ahadeeth about the importance of parents and how one should do all he can to keep them happy. May Allah grant you and your mother health and happiness and increase your love for her

Hope this helps
Assalamualaikum

Thank youu. And yeah that's is definitely it: she will never tell me to not go but deep down I know the house will be too empty for her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending