Macbeth essay questions Watch

fub5io6
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Do you have any harder essay questions for Macbeth so that I can make essay plans for them?
honeyofcourse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
i don't have anything specific, but by using the spec questions, you can choose any decent extract from the play and use the template:

1 (a) Explore how Shakespeare presents the character of ............. as being ................ in this extract. Refer closely to the extract in your answer. (20)
(I don't think this one necessarily has to link to a character, but I'm not 100% sure)

(b) In this extract, the theme of ............... is explored. Explain the importance of .................. elsewhere in the play. In your answer you must consider: • how .............. is shown • the reasons for .................. You should refer to the context of the play in your answer. (20)

(Total for Question 1 = 40 marks)

to make a question.

The spec questions were: 1 (a) Explore how Shakespeare presents the character of Lady Macbeth as being in
control in this extract. Refer closely to the extract in your answer. (20)
(b) In this extract, there is conflict between the characters. Explain the importance of conflict elsewhere in the play. In your answer you must consider: • how conflict is shown • the reasons for the conflict. You should refer to the context of the play in your answer. (20)
(Total for Question 1 = 40 marks)

So you could do one about the extract of the conversation Macbeth and Banquo have after having seen the witches for the first time for example.
1a- Explore Banquo's shock at the meeting in this extract.
1b- In the extract, Macbeth discusses his possible future of being King with Banquo. Explain the importance of fate elsewhere in the play.

The spec is linked here. The Macbeth questions are on pages 14 and 15 of the PDF.

hope that helped!
Fazzy_77
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
These are the ones Ive done. Don't know if you would consider them hard through?

1. Explain how far you think Shakespeare presents Macbeth as unstable.
2. Explain how far you think Shakespeare presents Lay Macbeth as broken and manipulative.
3. Explain how far you thin Shakespeare presents disorder and chaos.
4. Explain how far you thin Shakespeare presents the supernatural as a powerful and influential force in the play.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (13)
15.12%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (6)
6.98%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (16)
18.6%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (11)
12.79%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (11)
12.79%
How can I be the best version of myself? (29)
33.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed