The Student Room Group

Study abroad for postgraduate/graduate school?

Is it worth it to study abroad for graduate school? Or is it better to wait to travel for an internship/work after graduating?
Original post by humblebagel
Is it worth it to study abroad for graduate school? Or is it better to wait to travel for an internship/work after graduating?

Definitely worth it, it can be a lot cheaper (loads of cheap/free English-taught master degrees in Europe), great chance to experience life in a new country without having to up sticks permanently, looks great on a CV, you get to meet lots of other international students and build a global network, and of course the travel opportunities.
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
Definitely worth it, it can be a lot cheaper (loads of cheap/free English-taught master degrees in Europe), great chance to experience life in a new country without having to up sticks permanently, looks great on a CV, you get to meet lots of other international students and build a global network, and of course the travel opportunities.

Nice! Good to know, would you happen to know any specific countries/schools in Europe or good websites to find the best possibilities. I have read that UK is not a good choice as schools may not prepare you as well as U.S., but I heard Germany is very well. Also, do you know anything about housing, like living with host families, etc.?
Original post by humblebagel
Nice! Good to know, would you happen to know any specific countries/schools in Europe or good websites to find the best possibilities. I have read that UK is not a good choice as schools may not prepare you as well as U.S., but I heard Germany is very well. Also, do you know anything about housing, like living with host families, etc.?

What subject do you want to study and what are your plans post-university (you say prepare, prepare for what?). No idea about housing, I'm afraid.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
I am currently studying to be a teacher but have been thinking of studying in Spain to teach Spanish or teaching English in foreign countries. Schools that have hands on teaching experiences versus research.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending