The Student Room Group

College Friend

Hi all , I'm in my first year off college and I'm really enjoying my course however I'm not really enjoying the social side to it. I have this one friend who's making my college experience less enjoyable. Whenever I try and make conversation with her I get one word replies or I get Ignored and when she does speak she either complains or I tells me the same story over and over again. Lunch times are the worse she hardly makes conversation she just sits on her phone, I try and have laugh and make conversation but the conversation quickly ends. I'm one of the few people from my school to go to college however on one particular day I meet a friend from school and have lunch with her and her new group of friends. Her friends are so welcoming and nice and they make conversation with me and they also make try and make conversation with my other friend she just sits on her phone or doesn't really say anything back and once we leave my friend and her group to go to lesson she complains and talks about my friends and her group of friends. I dread lunch time and breaks because there so boring and I'm just sat there it's like I'm talking to a brick wall in lessons they are not so bad as I just get on with my work. Any ideas on what to do
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all , I'm in my first year off college and I'm really enjoying my course however I'm not really enjoying the social side to it. I have this one friend who's making my college experience less enjoyable. Whenever I try and make conversation with her I get one word replies or I get Ignored and when she does speak she either complains or I tells me the same story over and over again. Lunch times are the worse she hardly makes conversation she just sits on her phone, I try and have laugh and make conversation but the conversation quickly ends. I'm one of the few people from my school to go to college however on one particular day I meet a friend from school and have lunch with her and her new group of friends. Her friends are so welcoming and nice and they make conversation with me and they also make try and make conversation with my other friend she just sits on her phone or doesn't really say anything back and once we leave my friend and her group to go to lesson she complains and talks about my friends and her group of friends. I dread lunch time and breaks because there so boring and I'm just sat there it's like I'm talking to a brick wall in lessons they are not so bad as I just get on with my work. Any ideas on what to do
any ideas guys ?
Reply 2
??????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending