BSC with year in industry (placement) payslips

Watch
bibi92
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi everyone, what is written on your payslips as a job title ( web developer, software engineer .. or something else such as student ) when you are doing bsc with placement ? And how long it goes exactly (9 months, 10 months) ? Thanks
winterscoming
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
All of these things depend upon the company you're working for and what's written on the contract you've signed with that company.

I would not expect your job title to be written on your payslip, although if it is, it should be whatever job title is also written on the contract.

A typical sandwich year placement should be 12 months, but you usually have some room to negotiate a shorter placement - you'll need to ask your university about the minimum time you'll need for your placement to count toward your degree.

Most peope tend to do 12 months, some people spend up to 14 months at their placement, other people shorten theirs down to 9-10 months if it will still count toward their degree. In general it's often in your best long-term interest to get 12+ months because the experience you'll gain during your industrial placement will put you in a strong position after you graduate, but it's entirely up to you.
bibi92
Rep:
?
Thanks a lot for your information
carrotstar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bibi92)
Hi everyone, what is written on your payslips as a job title ( web developer, software engineer .. or something else such as student ) when you are doing bsc with placement ? And how long it goes exactly (9 months, 10 months) ? Thanks
Your employer will treat you like any other employee. In my case, my title was laboratory technician and my placement was 13 months. The course requires 12 for me to gain academic recognition for the placement, but the employer asked me to stay on for another month over the summer.
bibi92
Rep:
?
Thanks if the employer writes the real job is very nice to find a job after degree and 12 months is perfect for the cv.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (305)
55.76%
I don't have everything I need (242)
44.24%

Watched Threads