The Student Room Group

Describing a door

I am writing a story for English and it’s about a transgender FtM boy who has slipped into the dark corners of his mind, he is currently leaning his head on a door but I want to describe the door as if it was a person maybe, but deffinately with no emotion, because he feels numb any ideas?
Original post by LostBoy_Writer
I am writing a story for English and it’s about a transgender FtM boy who has slipped into the dark corners of his mind, he is currently leaning his head on a door but I want to describe the door as if it was a person maybe, but deffinately with no emotion, because he feels numb any ideas?

You could describe it as literally anything, depending on what fits best with the mood of the story - as a silent friend who guards the character's secrets, as an aloof stranger who seems to be judging him, as something familiar and constant at a time of change, as a stoic soldier always there to take the weight of his problems. Literally anything that would help to reflect the character's mood :smile:
Use personification e.g. ‘He leant his head on his door which never hugged back’.
Original post by girl_in_black
You could describe it as literally anything, depending on what fits best with the mood of the story - as a silent friend who guards the character's secrets, as an aloof stranger who seems to be judging him, as something familiar and constant at a time of change, as a stoic soldier always there to take the weight of his problems. Literally anything that would help to reflect the character's mood :smile:

Thank you that helped a lot
Original post by GapYaar
Use personification e.g. ‘He leant his head on his door which never hugged back’.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending