Report 1 year ago
Great thanks for the quick reply!!
starbursthoran
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

I’ve recently discovered my accommodation offer expired and I had no idea due to the email landing in junk for some reason. What do you suggest I should do? I’ve emailed Student Services but haven’t got a reply yet and as a new applicant for undergrad studies, I’m not entirely sure what my next step should be in terms of accommodation, would I need to go for the private sector or is that not available?

Thank you.
Sint
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by starbursthoran)
Hi,

I’ve recently discovered my accommodation offer expired and I had no idea due to the email landing in junk for some reason. What do you suggest I should do? I’ve emailed Student Services but haven’t got a reply yet and as a new applicant for undergrad studies, I’m not entirely sure what my next step should be in terms of accommodation, would I need to go for the private sector or is that not available?

Thank you.
the RH website says that accommodation is guaranteed for clearing students, so I'm guessing there's quite a lot left and you won't need to go for private sector. if you don't get a reply within the next few days though then maybe ring them? on results day it'll get filled up pretty quickly by clearing students.
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by starbursthoran)
Hi,

Thank you.
Hi starbursthoran,

The Student Services team have been receiving a high volume of calls and emails at the moment so it may take a bit longer for them to get back to you. You've done the right thing by emailing them, so hopefully it won't be too long before you get a reply.

Susana
Mo_Barker
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
I'm a first year moving into Wedderburn, and I have a nut allergy. I was wondering if:
A) Rooms were randomly allocated, or allocated based on questionnaires a la Durham
B) Precautions could/will be taken in the shared kitchen/allocation of flatmates re my allergy?
Thanks!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mo_Barker)
Hi,
I'm a first year moving into Wedderburn, and I have a nut allergy. I was wondering if:
A) Rooms were randomly allocated, or allocated based on questionnaires a la Durham
B) Precautions could/will be taken in the shared kitchen/allocation of flatmates re my allergy?
Thanks!
Hi Mo-Barker,

Our rooms are randomly allocated, but if you're concerned about your living arrangements please email our Student Services team to let them know about your allergy. You can email them at [email protected] .uk.

Susana
psych8639
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I am going to be staying in Tuke but with the 30 week contract. Are you able to give me some more information about the moving in/out process at Christmas and Easter? and how much the lockers are that I can put all of my stuff in? Also if anyone else has had the 30 week contract, are you able to tell me if it was a pain etc? Thank you!
Rep:
?
(Original post by psych8639)
Hi, I am going to be staying in Tuke but with the 30 week contract. Are you able to give me some more information about the moving in/out process at Christmas and Easter? and how much the lockers are that I can put all of my stuff in? Also if anyone else has had the 30 week contract, are you able to tell me if it was a pain etc? Thank you!
Hi psych8639,

I stayed in Founders with a 30 week contract and it was manageable! I fully moved all of my stuff out over Christmas, and just took it back home again. It was exciting moving back in again because it was reminiscent of when I first moved in during Welcome Week.

For the Easter holidays, I rented storage space in Founders. The prices vary from year to year, so it's best to check with our Halls of Residence team once you are on campus. This made it so much easier and when I look back, I don't even really remember that I moved out. Everyone else in my halls was in exactly the same position, which made it nicer as well.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions.

Holly
Sint
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I just got my room number and was wondering whether it's the odd or even room numbers that face into the quads on the 4th floor? Quite a specific question I know but if there happens to be someone who knows then I'd be very grateful!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sint)
Hi, I just got my room number and was wondering whether it's the odd or even room numbers that face into the quads on the 4th floor? Quite a specific question I know but if there happens to be someone who knows then I'd be very grateful!
Hi Sint,

I've had a look for you and even number rooms face into the quad.

Have you started to think about how you'll decorate your room?

Susana
Sint
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London)
Hi Sint,

I've had a look for you and even number rooms face into the quad.

Have you started to think about how you'll decorate your room?

Susana
Hi Susana, thank you so much! And photos. Lots of photos.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sint)
Hi Susana, thank you so much! And photos. Lots of photos.
That sounds great! When I moved into my Kingswood room, I brought along some string and pegs to hang my pictures with on the message board above my bed. Pictures are such a good way to bring bits of home with you and add personality to your room. During Welcome Week you'll be given a calendar of events happening throughout the year. I found it really useful to have this pinned on my board as well!

Are you in a single or double room?

Susana
Sint
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London)
That sounds great! When I moved into my Kingswood room, I brought along some string and pegs to hang my pictures with on the message board above my bed. Pictures are such a good way to bring bits of home with you and add personality to your room. During Welcome Week you'll be given a calendar of events happening throughout the year. I found it really useful to have this pinned on my board as well!

Are you in a single or double room?

Susana
Oh that's a good idea! Single room
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sint)
Oh that's a good idea! Single room
I would suggest popping your door open during the first week so other people on your corridor know that you're in. I made sure to that and my flatmates and I ended up sitting on the floor of my room on the first night just chatting and getting to know each other. I was an international student so it made me feel really welcome and comfortable. My flatmates from first year are still some of my closest friends.

If you have any other questions, let me know and I'm happy to help.

Susana
cbc890
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m moving into Wedderburn and if I was in your flat I wouldn’t have any issue not bringing nuts in. Talk to your flat mates, I’m sure if they’re decent people they won’t have a problem. It will be fine.
hobbits
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's been a week now since I completed the Induction and Arrivals sections on the accommodation portal but I still haven't been given my room number, just wondering when this will be? I'm at George Eliot halls and a postgrad if this helps!

Also I was just wondering if it's possible at all to move in earlier than Sunday 23rd, which is the day I am signed up to as it's the only one George Eliot offers - either the 20th, 21st or 22nd? I've emailed student services enquiring but I obviously understand they're very busy at the moment?

Thank you!
Rep:
?
(Original post by hobbits)
It's been a week now since I completed the Induction and Arrivals sections on the accommodation portal but I still haven't been given my room number, just wondering when this will be? I'm at George Eliot halls and a postgrad if this helps!

Also I was just wondering if it's possible at all to move in earlier than Sunday 23rd, which is the day I am signed up to as it's the only one George Eliot offers - either the 20th, 21st or 22nd? I've emailed student services enquiring but I obviously understand they're very busy at the moment?

Thank you!
Hi hobbits,

We can't wait to have you join us on campus! :dance:

If you've completed the online modules, but still haven't received your room number, I would get in touch with our Student Services team. They are quite busy at the moment, so it may be best to call them. You can reach them at +44 (0)1784 434455. I would also speak to them about changing your move in date if Saturday 22 September works better for you, though we can't guarantee that it's possible to change your move in date.

Susana
apple583
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi. Can someone let me know if the bedrooms in George Eliot Halls vary in size depending if the townhouse is an 8 bed or 12 bed property.

Is the kitchen in the 8 bed George Eliot houses smaller than the 12 bed? Does that mean there is only one sink/microwave/oven etc or are there still two of each?
Rep:
?
(Original post by apple583)
Hi. Can someone let me know if the bedrooms in George Eliot Halls vary in size depending if the townhouse is an 8 bed or 12 bed property.

Is the kitchen in the 8 bed George Eliot houses smaller than the 12 bed? Does that mean there is only one sink/microwave/oven etc or are there still two of each?
Hi apple583,

All bedrooms are doubles and all kitchens have the same facilities regardless of the number of bedrooms.

Are you moving into George Eliot this weekend?

Susana
ryujin2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I am having trouble booking a time slot for arrival. It seems that I am unable to click on the time slot I want.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (113)
70.19%
No I haven't decided yet (32)
19.88%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
9.94%

Watched Threads