The Student Room Group

Midwifery Funding for Postgrads

Hey,

I have a BA and MA in Philosophy, but I'm thinking of retraining to be a midwife.

I've looked online and there seems like there's lots of options for postgrad courses, but I can't find a lot of information on NHS bursaries or student finance funding for people in my situation.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Or do you know what funding I would be eligible for?

Thanks!
Original post by BlahBlah4693
Hey,

I have a BA and MA in Philosophy, but I'm thinking of retraining to be a midwife.

I've looked online and there seems like there's lots of options for postgrad courses, but I can't find a lot of information on NHS bursaries or student finance funding for people in my situation.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Or do you know what funding I would be eligible for?

Thanks!

Hi BlahBlah4693,

Just to clarify, are you looking at doing a postgrad Midwifery course?

If so, do you know how long the course lasts in years?

Thank you,

John.
Original post by John B SFE
Hi BlahBlah4693,

Just to clarify, are you looking at doing a postgrad Midwifery course?

If so, do you know how long the course lasts in years?

Thank you,

John.

Hey,

Yes I'm looking at doing a postgrad midwifery course. From what I've been able to see online there are a few postgrad courses I think I could get accepted onto which are 18months - 2 years
Original post by BlahBlah4693
Hey,

Yes I'm looking at doing a postgrad midwifery course. From what I've been able to see online there are a few postgrad courses I think I could get accepted onto which are 18months - 2 years

Hi BlahBlah4693,

Thanks for answering those questions.

as of the 2018/19 academic year, many Postgraduate Healthcare courses, including Midwifery, will be exempt from the previous study and equivalent level qualification rule. This means that Postgraduate Midwifery courses will be eligible for full undergraduate funding, regardless of your previous qualifications.

Here as an overview of the funding you can apply for.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

John.
Original post by John B SFE
Hi BlahBlah4693,

Thanks for answering those questions.

as of the 2018/19 academic year, many Postgraduate Healthcare courses, including Midwifery, will be exempt from the previous study and equivalent level qualification rule. This means that Postgraduate Midwifery courses will be eligible for full undergraduate funding, regardless of your previous qualifications.

Here as an overview of the funding you can apply for.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

John.

Hi,

So does that mean I apply for BSc midwifery courses through UCAS or PGDip midwifery courses? As I have a BA and MA already? As I am a postgraduate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending