The Student Room Group

Equilibrium problem

I don't understand b) how do we know that 0.0637 is the concentration of CuCl42- at equilibrium?
95.PNG
Attachment not found
Looking at the snapshot you gave us, it looks like it's just part B of a question to tell you information that you need to know to calculate Kc; since there is no information in part A to allow us to calculate Kc
Reply 2
Original post by aaron7502
Looking at the snapshot you gave us, it looks like it's just part B of a question to tell you information that you need to know to calculate Kc; since there is no information in part A to allow us to calculate Kc

Still a bit iffy about this but yes, I see what you mean.
Original post by sanaday
Still a bit iffy about this but yes, I see what you mean.

Well if you see, in part (a), you're only given information about the initial conc. stage, whereas you NEED at least 1 value for moles/conc at equilibrium to be able to calculate Kc -- so that's where part (b) comes in, to tell you about conc at eq. of CuCl42-
Reply 4
Original post by aaron7502
Well if you see, in part (a), you're only given information about the initial conc. stage, whereas you NEED at least 1 value for moles/conc at equilibrium to be able to calculate Kc -- so that's where part (b) comes in, to tell you about conc at eq. of CuCl42-

Oh so at 291K the equilibrium conc of CuCl42- is 0.0637. Thanks I understand it now. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest