The Student Room Group

memorisation help!!

how shall i memorise my notes so that i can remember for a long time coz when memorise them i forgot them when it gets closer to the exam and i get really stressed
someone when i memorise the notes for that day itll take me a long time and wont have to time to do past papers so how shall i memorise the content quickly and effectively?
Reply 2
Teach it to someone else.
You have to let your brain know how important it is you remember these things. If you read the material once and then don't ever use the material your brain is going to forget it because it deems it useless and unnecessary. Therefore you need to be recalling it as often as you can. For example, do lots of past papers. Another way I like to do this is I have a whiteboard and I sit and pretend that I'm teaching a topic to a class, so I silently go through the topic and write it on the whiteboard. Afterwards I read through the notes on the topic and see what I got wrong or could not remember, reading notes this time is different because I'm actively scanning the material for things that I missed or got incorrect rather than just passively scanning my eyes over my notes whilst my mind is elsewhere.

I do undergraduate Biology so there is a lot of information, so my final part of revision is condensing it down onto A4 paper and sticking my notes up on my wall, then I read each A4 piece of paper, then write it on my whiteboard my memory, then check. I do this around 1-2 days before the exam and it ensures every little piece of information sticks in my memory.
You could record them aloud on your phone and listen back to them

Quick Reply

Latest