The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter guarantee??

A few months ago I received an offer from Exeter for AAB. On my offer letter they also said I would be accepted with ABB as long as I made Exeter my firm choice. I accepted them three weeks ago, and I assumed that they would change the grade requirements on ucas, but this hasn't happened. Has anyone else be offered this 'guarantee', and did Exeter change your grade requirements on ucas? Should I call up the university or are they likely to change it soon?
Original post by sleepysunshine
A few months ago I received an offer from Exeter for AAB. On my offer letter they also said I would be accepted with ABB as long as I made Exeter my firm choice. I accepted them three weeks ago, and I assumed that they would change the grade requirements on ucas, but this hasn't happened. Has anyone else be offered this 'guarantee', and did Exeter change your grade requirements on ucas? Should I call up the university or are they likely to change it soon?

Wait another week at least, then make an enquiry. It takes UCAS sometime, but as long as you have it in writing from the uni then you will be ok.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by sleepysunshine

For the record, you will need an A in the subject you want to study- or they will move the goalposts and won't accept you for your chosen course on results day, which happened to me.

Fortunately I switched course (which was one of the best decisions I ever made) and ended up studying at their secondary campus, which is lovely.

Re. your issue- ring the uni if they promised you something and it's not showing on UCAS as not everyone was probably made that offer.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending