The Student Room Group

MOTIVATION for Maths

I got a Grade 3 in Foundation Tier last year.I am resitting at a Private Centre this Summer, how do i get a Grade 5/6 ?? I am doing Higher Tier but if i couldnt pass foundation, how do i pass higher ??? What is the best way to revise as i am crap at maths
let me know if u need any resources I'm sure you will do fine
Reply 2
Original post by 11 year revise
let me know if u need any resources I'm sure you will do fine

I havent started revising, all i have is the CGP Books.I dont know what to revise, i cant fail or my life is fu**ed.Stressing man
Hey don't stress what do u find the hardest
I have any past papers let me know if you need them Pm me and I will send them
Reply 5
Original post by 11 year revise
I have any past papers let me know if you need them Pm me and I will send them

I dont know how to revise accurately.Should i just start from Page 1 of the CGP Books...
Make notes on each section let me know if u need any help
Original post by Ty457
I got a Grade 3 in Foundation Tier last year.I am resitting at a Private Centre this Summer, how do i get a Grade 5/6 ?? I am doing Higher Tier but if i couldnt pass foundation, how do i pass higher ??? What is the best way to revise as i am crap at maths

Hey, if you're doing AQA or edexcel, the grade boundaries say that around 25-37ish marks is a 5-6. I'd say have a look at your specification and if there is anything that you are uncertain of, make a note of it and attempt to re-learn it (maybe through the CGP book you have purchased). If you are able to re-learn it and practice it in the form of a question, that'd be brill. If the CGP books aren't helpful, there are plenty of youtubers that have handy tutorials on learning topics, (one I'd recommend is hegartymaths). Ensure you practice the topics when you learn them. I'd recommend having a go on questions on websites such as: corbettmaths, justmaths, mr barton maths and onmaths.
Reply 8
Original post by lydiarutharnold
Hey, if you're doing AQA or edexcel, the grade boundaries say that around 25-37ish marks is a 5-6. I'd say have a look at your specification and if there is anything that you are uncertain of, make a note of it and attempt to re-learn it (maybe through the CGP book you have purchased). If you are able to re-learn it and practice it in the form of a question, that'd be brill. If the CGP books aren't helpful, there are plenty of youtubers that have handy tutorials on learning topics, (one I'd recommend is hegartymaths). Ensure you practice the topics when you learn them. I'd recommend having a go on questions on websites such as: corbettmaths, justmaths, mr barton maths and onmaths.

It's Edexcel Higher, but what do i revise on ? Just all the Topics in the Revision book because that is going to take a long time...
Do u know what u find the hardest? If so start with that if not then yeas just start at the start of the book or look at past papers and then go with what you don't know in there
Original post by Ty457
It's Edexcel Higher, but what do i revise on ? Just all the Topics in the Revision book because that is going to take a long time...

Pretty much yeah

Quick Reply

Latest