anna_692
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
I am currently coming close to the end of my first year as an AS english literature student. I am studying Love, two-year Alevel course (1171/1172); pre-1900 love poetry, Othello, Handmaidens Tale, Rebecca, Feminine Gospels, Street Car named Desire and self-study novels. I would much appreciate ANYTHING that could help , any resources, any advice, any material, any notes that helped people ... anything!
Thank you,
Anna
abbyr25
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm doing very similar literature to you: pre-1900 poetry, The Great Gatsby, Othello, A Streetcar Named Desire, Handmaid's Tale, Feminine Gospels - I would love any advice/resources also!
goingslightlymad
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am doing Tragedy: Othello, Tess of the D'Urbervilles, Death of a Salesman
Social and Political Protest: Songs of Innocence and Experience, Handmaid's Tale and Kite Runner

There are really good resources on get revising for mine, and I am sure there would be some for your modules as well, I had a massive spree on the school printer at the end of term!
Gerideri
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anna_692)
Hi,
I am currently coming close to the end of my first year as an AS english literature student. I am studying Love, two-year Alevel course (1171/1172); pre-1900 love poetry, Othello, Handmaidens Tale, Rebecca, Feminine Gospels, Street Car named Desire and self-study novels. I would much appreciate ANYTHING that could help , any resources, any advice, any material, any notes that helped people ... anything!
Thank you,
Anna
The study guides by Nicola Onyett are the best ones. I do Handmaids, Feminine Gospels and Streetcar also. I would advise to write a prepared essay structure that you use every time and is guaranteed to get you high marks.
Anna-
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anna_692)
Hi,
Thank you,
Anna
Hi

I am in my second year of studying English literature so my final exams are in a fortnight. I do tragedy which is Othello, Tess of the D’Urbervilles and Death of a Salesman. Then social and political protest including Songs of Innocence and Experience, The Handmaids Tale and The Kite Runner.
I find that the best way to find new readings of the texts is through essays you can find from searching online. I tend to read through and make notes from there. Its so useful because it gives a good idea of what impressive essays are like, giving inspiration for you in the exam. It also presents some really interesting ideas which incorporate authorial methods and integrates it into the essays to make arguments which are pretty cool to understand.
Good luck x
goingslightlymad
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good luck in the exam this afternoon guys, I have tragedy and am looking forward to never having to read Tess of the d’urbervilles ever again!
01111magic
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I'm also in year 12 and do othello, Tess of the d'urbervilles and death of a salesman. I recommend buying the York notes guides and also going on google scholar and typing in your selected novel and getting as many critical views on the text as this is helps to link in with a04 and a05, good luck everyone with your exams
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (3)
6.25%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (4)
8.33%
No, but maybe I will look into it (10)
20.83%
No and I wouldn't consider it (31)
64.58%

Watched Threads