?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Does anyone like exams?
InfiniteWill
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I do coz I like to be smart and not dumb knowing nothing. Exams are disciplines to check that you are studying. Also I rather have exams and have people who passed it work at my company than any dumb person who knows nothing.
somi506
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by neluxsan)
I do coz I like to be smart and not dumb knowing nothing. Exams are disciplines to check that you are studying. Also I rather have exams and have people who passed it work at my company than any dumb person who knows nothing.
I don't mean dumbness I mean fun/amusing or boring/confusing.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm kind of looking back on the GCSE season nostalgically, I found it fun chatting and doing last minute revision sessions. It was also the first time I'd had study leave. The only exams that worried me were DT and Further pure maths
InfiniteWill
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by somi506)
I don't mean dumbness I mean fun/amusing or boring/confusing.
Exams are not amusing sadly (but I heard ocr bio exam has crosswords apparently, but crosswords don't amuse me.) I just want them to finish as I don't prefer studying under stress!
username3888388
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by neluxsan)
Exams are mostly testing memory, as long as you can remember facts you will pass.It doesn't necessarily test how smart you are. Thats my opinion anyway.
mine turtle
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by username3888388)
Exams are mostly testing memory, as long as you can remember facts you will pass.It doesn't necessarily test how smart you are. Thats my opinion anyway.
☝️He’s right you know
Only test what you could remember on that day at that time under those conditions where anything could affect performance, e.g. neighbour was rude to you (or bus driver), family emergency or health issue etc.
tonkie1231
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I don't like the exams as they aren't fair, I think they should monitor you through your whole school life only learning about how to take care of themselves in the future and base grades on improvement not memory because what is someone turns up to their gcse and they were predicted a nine but a family member or pet died that morning its gonna affect them for a while and they wont get the grade that they deserve. Also people who have a disability get the same test as everyone else. If theyre gonna do tests it HAS to be suited to the individual.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (92)
28.66%
No (229)
71.34%

Watched Threads