The Student Room Group

Dilemma

I’m in a dilemma because until recently i thought i wanted to be a journalist but i have realised that i want to be an interior designer but i am in year 11 so i have already chosen a level subjects, which are: philosophy, english literature and politics, and have got offers from colleges so i dont know how i can pursue architecture after this point
Through an apprenteship? take a gap year and then re-apply for UCAS
You do have the ability to change your A level subjects, though.
Ensure that you get the GCSE grades that you need to to choose the A levels needed for Architecture (by looking through your chosen college's prospectus), and then on the day you get your GCSES you can go to the college of your choice and tell them of your decision to change the A level subjects. It will be a short discussion, and they will change it for you.
Reply 3
Original post by theggbydealy
You do have the ability to change your A level subjects, though.
Ensure that you get the GCSE grades that you need to to choose the A levels needed for Architecture (by looking through your chosen college's prospectus), and then on the day you get your GCSES you can go to the college of your choice and tell them of your decision to change the A level subjects. It will be a short discussion, and they will change it for you.

Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by ramsworth
Through an apprenteship? take a gap year and then re-apply for UCAS

Thank you
Reply 5
Original post by xecec
I’m in a dilemma because until recently i thought i wanted to be a journalist but i have realised that i want to be an interior designer but i am in year 11 so i have already chosen a level subjects, which are: philosophy, english literature and politics, and have got offers from colleges so i dont know how i can pursue architecture after this point

Would it be a logical choice to do these a levels then do a gap year where i take on an aprentiship then apply for universities?

Quick Reply

Latest