GCSE English Literature 2018 Prediction [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Watch
I-ZAAA
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello everybody, I want to know your predictions about Eng Lit 2018.

I personally believe for Jekyll and Hyde the question will be either about Utterson, repression or duality (Lanyon can also be a possibility).

For Romeo and Juliet, I believe fate or Friar Lawrence.

No idea about An Inspector Calls or the Power and Conflict.

What are your opinions?
gandalfhan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My teacher said to use an elimination method like she said that the theme for Romeo & Juliet was love (as I remember but I've got crap memory), therefore it might be a theme of violence or other.
I-ZAAA
Rep:
?
(Original post by gandalfhan)
My teacher said to use an elimination method like she said that the theme for Romeo & Juliet was love (as I remember but I've got crap memory), therefore it might be a theme of violence or other.
Ye I think so too, it applies to the poems as well right?
gandalfhan
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by I-ZAAA)
Ye I think so too, it applies to the poems as well right?
I believe it does. She even said that questions, theme and characters don't repeat or something like that. Since last year it was the theme of love, it couldn't be this theme this year but another one.
I-ZAAA
Rep:
?
I believe it does. She even said that questions, theme and characters don't repeat or something like that. Since last year it was the theme of love, it couldn't be this theme this year but another one.
I am quite confident the question of Romeo and Juliet is either going to be on fate, Lawrence or some random geezer
I-ZAAA
Rep:
?
Which other novels and modern play you do?
Dylan_Poole1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Stop ****ing about trying to predict. Spend the time you would be spending replying to people on this forum revising everything because nobody knows what is going to come up.

- An examiner.
I-ZAAA
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dylan_Poole1)
Stop ****ing about trying to predict. Spend the time you would be spending replying to people on this forum revising everything because nobody knows what is going to come up.

- An examiner.
Are you a professional examiner, because I don't see many examiners swearing on public threads.
For your information, I am quite confident with my Eng Lit so please....
Dylan_Poole1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are you a professional examiner, because I don't see many examiners swearing on public threads.
For your information, I am quite confident with my Eng Lit so please....
Well it's bleeped out so not really swearing. I did examine for about a year but it wasn't worth the pay for me. It wasn't in English it was Maths and Further Maths, but it doesn't matter. Whether you're confident or not, you will benefit more from sitting down, putting your phone away and doing some hardcore revision. Past papers, questions, workbooks, anything is better than trying to 'predict'. Don't be cocky; saying you're confident is at this stage is a bad thing. Keep practising until the exam.
gandalfhan
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well it's bleeped out so not really swearing. I did examine for about a year but it wasn't worth the pay for me. It wasn't in English it was Maths and Further Maths, but it doesn't matter. Whether you're confident or not, you will benefit more from sitting down, putting your phone away and doing some hardcore revision. Past papers, questions, workbooks, anything is better than trying to 'predict'. Don't be cocky; saying you're confident is at this stage is a bad thing. Keep practising until the exam.
Wow, you don't have to be so harsh towards him. He only asked a simple question.
gandalfhan
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Which other novels and modern play you do?
I am doing A Chrismas Carol, An Inspector Calls, Romeo & Juliet and love and relationships poems. All in AQA.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Bayonet Charge last year. Question was about how the effects of war are presented.
raihan200113
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

- An examiner.
idiot
I-ZAAA
Rep:
?
(Original post by raihan200113)
idiot
me or examiner?
Bee2610
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

- An examiner.
You realise everyone can see you post history right, it's clear you're not an examiner as you are apparently "aiming for a grade 5/6 in English Literature." and I quote you on that. Also you are "on grade 9 boiiiii" in maths. Unless you are a very young examiner, or a 35 year old guy retaking his GSCE's I don't see this being possible mate
Riddlydoodle
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Love & Relationships poetry (AQA) is gonna be Winter Swans. Fully calling it.
Nosa122
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Riddlydoodle)
Love & Relationships poetry (AQA) is gonna be Winter Swans. Fully calling it.
I think so too or it could be neutral tones. is it worth revising realtionships with parents or just romantic love
Milomeep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey what was the question and extract for Romeo and Juliet
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.32%
Uncertainty around my education (65)
11.52%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.7%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.3%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (32)
5.67%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (28)
4.96%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (60)
10.64%
Financial worries (35)
6.21%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (22)
3.9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.03%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.66%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (56)
9.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (46)
8.16%

Watched Threads