The Student Room Group

Would you raise your children gender neutral ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CookieButter
For a guy that claims not to “even give a solitary f” about what I have to say ....you sure as hell seem obssessed with my comments. What’s the count so far? Five replies to my comments in the past couple of days?

Good work, you've taken a comment out of context (that was specifically on the question of insults) to distract rather than defend your claim that telling kids to explore and learn what sort of person they want to be is tantamount to encouraging drug use, rape and paedophilia.
Original post by Realitysreflexx
This is the discussion being had next to me between some guys at curry lounge...

What do you guys think ?

I think i will raise my kid whatever gender he assigned by birth, until he/she gives me further evidence to recognize other avenues they independently CHOOSE to explore.

No.

Doesn’t mean I’d raise my kids being told “YOURE A GIRL YOU MUST LIKE PRINCESSES AND WEAR PINK”

I’d raise my children as they are, and they’d have their own independence later in life (or earlier) if they decided to explore another gender.
Original post by FloralHybrid
No.

Doesn’t mean I’d raise my kids being told “YOURE A GIRL YOU MUST LIKE PRINCESSES AND WEAR PINK”

I’d raise my children as they are, and they’d have their own independence later in life (or earlier) if they decided to explore another gender.

Yes, this is being a decent parent
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Just wana say i like your username. Welsh meaning nostalgia is it? x

Thanks!
Hiraeth cannot be translated as it's a set phrase just for welsh. I think directly translated it probably means "nostalgia" or "homesickness"but back in my mums side, it means to "long for a place (or something) that you can't turn to or never was"

Most translations say it's longing for a home that was never there, however my mums side used it for other things such as relationships or casual stuff like going to local restaurant.

I love yours also :lol: ; it fit wells with some of the suggestions some people say on TSR :rofl::rofl:
Original post by CookieButter
Exactly...because loving someone is letting them follow their feelings. If your child wants to take drugs you have got to support them in doing that....why? because feelings. If your child feels like raping other children...you have got to support and encourage those feelings of theirs. You have got to let them, embrace their sexuality because loving your children is not guiding them away from doing wrong things. No, It’s all about letting them follow their feelings and allowing them to embrace their sexuality. If they turn out pedophiles so be it. If they turn out incestophiles and feel a sexual attaraction towards their siblings or you as their parents then you have to encourage this behaviour and let them embrace it!

Liberalism and feminism has turned people into brainless zombies.....

In answer to your question Reality, no. I will not raise my children “gender neutral”. I will raise them by the gender that conforms with their biology. I will raise them sane.

God I never knew I had to be so specific in my wording....but then again this is TSR.
I genuinely think your a troll or at least I hope you knew what I meant. I will not reply further nor will I change what I've written in my past response to OP.
I never thought I would have to mention this but no I do not condone rape, incest and all serious immoral behaviour.
Original post by Hiraeth.
Thanks!
Hiraeth cannot be translated as it's a set phrase just for welsh. I think directly translated it probably means "nostalgia" or "homesickness"but back in my mums side, it means to "long for a place (or something) that you can't turn to or never was"

Most translations say it's longing for a home that was never there, however my mums side used it for other things such as relationships or casual stuff like going to local restaurant.

I love yours also :lol: ; it fit wells with some of the suggestions some people say on TSR :rofl::rofl:

Ohhh I see. So if I have hiraeth for Nandos...:colone: and you're actually Welsh and can speak Welsh? if so that's wicked because it seems as if a lotta Welshies are actually English...

yh in real life I get told I'm bang outta order a lot haha. And now on here as well. :colonhash:
Reply 46
This is the discussion being had next to me between some guys at curry lounge...

What do you guys think ?

I think i will raise my kid whatever gender he assigned by birth, until he/she gives me further evidence to recognize other avenues they independently CHOOSE to explore.

100% yeah
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Ohhh I see. So if I have hiraeth for Nandos...:colone: and you're actually Welsh and can speak Welsh? if so that's wicked because it seems as if a lotta Welshies are actually English...

yh in real life I get told I'm bang outta order a lot haha. And now on here as well. :colonhash:

Due to complications, I am actually part Welsh and South Asian which is a crazy combination. Sadly it means I can't speak Welsh. I used to (and sometimes secretly still do) go over to my mums or my cousins from her side because I like them more.
Reply 49
No.
No but I would think that teaching kids to see men and women the same way is good. e.g. not choosing to speak to one person over another purely because of their gender.

What do you guys think ?

1. Gender is a social construct
2. Kids are social constructs
3. Discussion is a social construct
4. Everything... to some degree is a social construct

End of day, no one cares, because the argument that "x, y, and z are social constructs" cancels itself out. You could say it for almost anything. It's bullsht.

Yep, even the sky is a social construct. After all, why do you chose to call it the "sky", and not "heaven" instead? After all, everything we perceive is filtered through our eyes, and our brains that are conditioned by our upbringing before we even know it, before we process it and consciously recognize the object. How do we know we're not being deceived?

It's the sort of hypothetical crap that makes my skin crawl. What if... men aren't really men, but lizard people zipped up in human jumpsuits instead?

Cretinous. You can change definitions and move goalposts this way to no end. Why anyone would deliberately waste their time this way baffles me.
(edited 6 years ago)
No

What do you guys think ?

Definitely not; I will raise them according to their personality and their interests. If they like pink things and princesses, then they can have those things, or if they like Lego and building forts then they can do that too. Children have their own interests and I hate it when parents superimpose their ideals onto children.

I was a tomboy growing up and you would have been hard pressed to get me into a dress! I'm glad I was able to freely explore my own interests and wear whatever I wanted because now I get to find out about the things I rejected as a child and find I actually quite like them; but only because I chose to go down that avenue instead of it being forced on me.
Original post by iAngely
Definitely not; I will raise them according to their personality and their interests. If they like pink things and princesses, then they can have those things, or if they like Lego and building forts then they can do that too. Children have their own interests and I hate it when parents superimpose their ideals onto children.

I was a tomboy growing up and you would have been hard pressed to get me into a dress! I'm glad I was able to freely explore my own interests and wear whatever I wanted because now I get to find out about the things I rejected as a child and find I actually quite like them; but only because I chose to go down that avenue instead of it being forced on me.

glad you now prefer thongs to boxers.

What do you guys think ?

Yes, but not for the same reasons these lunatics want to force their gender identity politics on everyone.

For one they conflate sex and gender, which are not the same, and you are (bar some abnormalities) either male or female but can still express yourself however you want. I don't believe in gender as it's nothing more than stereotypes and social norms.

But the reason they want to implement it, is because a growing number of snowflakes have no problems in life so they don't know what to rebel against like previous generations so they choose to rebel against the "binary gender box". Because you are really cool if you are queer, non binary and a billion other labeles, have cool pronouns like xe and can tell everyone how oppressed you are by "cis hetero-normativity".
arguments could be made that you shouldnt force or define them by gender... so they can pick their sexuality without influence lol.

1. Sex =/= gender - how they express themselves does not change their biological sex. You can't choose that. It's not "assigned at birth" as they claim, it's already obvious from sonograms for crying out loud.

2. You are now also confusing sex with sexuality, yet again something different.
Reply 57
Hell no, i’d raise them the gender(sex same thing imo) that they were BIOLOGICALLY given at birth.
Original post by Hiraeth.
This is what my computer science teacher did. He's really hot and muscly, but I think he's socially awkward; the way he speaks is just awful

Anyways, it was one of the rare times he actually spoke, and spoke about his life which was quite shocking, and it turns out he adopted a daughter and tried to raise her gender neutral; plain clothes, no tv (I think they had free view but his kid spent more time drawing), probably just YouTube egg opening videos as all kids watch. However eventually she began to do "stereotypical" girly things (such as playing that Stacey hand clap game and skipping-yes, they still exist I didn't even know! I wonder if the kids nowadays know what hopscotch is....)

Anyways he came to the conclusion that it was probably influence from TV, other girls and society as a whole. One thing to note that at the time I didn't realise how ****ed up it was experimenting on an adopted daughter like that but whatever. Wow anyways, personally no; I'd let my daughter embrace whatever Gender she wants to, let her be swayed by whatever appeals to her. However if dressing up with pink clothes and playing in the dolls house doesn't appeal to her, and say idk she wants to play football or wrestling, i'd let her do hat she wants. I will neither force her to wear pink clothes nor will I force her to wear neutral clothes. Whatever my princess wants :love: .Let her embrace her gender, her sexuality and her feelings, because who am I to dictate the life of a possible (and definitely awesome as i'm the handsome father:u:) future star.

He would be correct. Eating disorders did not exist in Fiji til the 90s. In the 90s they got their first TVs and girls started developing eating disorders (i.e. body issues) as a result. Quelle surprise.
Btw, this is the nonsense people who advocate this believe in:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending