The Student Room Group

Sore piercing 😭

I’ve had my helix piercing around 4 months now, it started to become unpainful but recently it has flared up, becoming painful to touch and I can no longer sleep on that side. I dont want to take it out but i dont know what else to do as ive had it pierced for a while now but its still painful? Any advice?
I've had a helix too for about a year and a half, and it does sometimes flare up. I usually soak a chamomile tea bag in a little bit of hot water and place it on my piercing until it goes cold. try and put it on as hot as possible, but don't scald yourself!
doing this helps it calm and and the pain will go away.
of course, painkillers are there too.
I am the same with my cartilage piercings and I've had them pierced for 2-3 years now. If you clean your piercings with surgical spirit (you can normally get this for a couple of pounds from your local pharmacy or Boots/Superdrug) morning & night it will get better.
I've had my helix done for just under a year now and it does flare up on occasion... I generally take mine out, clean it and my ear with either surgical spirit or a salt solution with tea tree oil added in, sometimes the hole is a bit oozy (sorry if that sounds grim or is tmi!!) in which case I clean it out as best I can, and then I put a whole load of tea tree and wich hazel cream on it and put the earring back in- if the top part of your ear seems quite swollen and sore then chances are it's just got some pus in or something, it'll clear up. Also, you can put the tea tree salt mixture in a clean spray bottle and use that to kind of flush the area around the earring and then either let it dry or wipe with cotton wool for quick and easy cleaning- hope this helps! You might want to use the cream on it around the earring until it clears up, you could also use something like germolene. Hope this helps!
Reply 4
Thankyou!

Quick Reply

Latest