Waiting to hear from DMU Law via KNect365 Watch

poeticsteph
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am an American (please don't hate me, lol) and have applied to De Montfort University for their LLM International Human Rights Law via distance learning.

I had to use an agent called KNect365 to submit the application. I should also mention I am a mature student (39 in July) and until recently, had not been in school for 12 years. I earned my bachelor's (no honours, but have taken 144 undergrad semester units, four undergrad quarter units, and eight graduate semester units from numerous U.S. schools since age 15) from Athabasca University in Canada.

Well, until I applied KNect365 was eagerly emailing and calling me. It has been three weeks and no word from them OR DMU. I was told it would take up to 30 days, so maybe I'm being impatient.

What's weird though is I have searched high and low for reviews of KNect365 or DMU Law distance learning and can't find anything.

I should note I do not plan to be a barrister or an attorney. I want the degree to make up for having a U.S. 3.0 undergrad GPA and to better qualify for another Master's or Ph.D. program. I have a U.S. 4.0 graduate GPA (which is the highest you can get.)

I am also HIGHLY interested in human rights and can see myself teaching, advocating, or researching in this topic.

Does anyone here have experience with KNect365 or DMU distance learning?

Thanks!

Stephanie
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by poeticsteph)
I am an American (please don't hate me, lol) and have applied to De Montfort University for their LLM International Human Rights Law via distance learning.

I had to use an agent called KNect365 to submit the application. I should also mention I am a mature student (39 in July) and until recently, had not been in school for 12 years. I earned my bachelor's (no honours, but have taken 144 undergrad semester units, four undergrad quarter units, and eight graduate semester units from numerous U.S. schools since age 15) from Athabasca University in Canada.

Well, until I applied KNect365 was eagerly emailing and calling me. It has been three weeks and no word from them OR DMU. I was told it would take up to 30 days, so maybe I'm being impatient.

What's weird though is I have searched high and low for reviews of KNect365 or DMU Law distance learning and can't find anything.

I should note I do not plan to be a barrister or an attorney. I want the degree to make up for having a U.S. 3.0 undergrad GPA and to better qualify for another Master's or Ph.D. program. I have a U.S. 4.0 graduate GPA (which is the highest you can get.)

I am also HIGHLY interested in human rights and can see myself teaching, advocating, or researching in this topic.

Does anyone here have experience with KNect365 or DMU distance learning?

Thanks!

Stephanie
Generally it's never a good idea to apply through an agent especially one you don't know much about. I would get in touch with DMU asap (ring them!) and find out if they know anything about this agent and your application.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
As Alleycat said, not sure why you are using an agent. ues they might provide advice, but imo better to do it yourself as you might learn things.
If youd have posted here then people could have given you some insight and saved you some money.

I believe it is this course.

http://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/courses/p...-learning.aspx

You can try contacting the Law Society and see if they can pit you in touch with anyone on the UG course.
There isnt a taught PF version of the course.
http://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/courses/u...-llb-hons.aspx
https://www.demontfortsu.com/soc/7777/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19