The Student Room Group

my current boyfriend and being awkward

he doesn't text me or call me much anymore , we've been together for 3 months now and I'm getting very paranoid if he's cheating, he says he doesn't text cause he doesn't want to make the conversation awkward ( he is a very complicated and awkward person) I feel like that is just excuse to not talk to me anymore and he's been keeping his distance too and I'm getting mixed feelings I might end the relationship but something is telling me not to as beside the bad things he's actually a decent guy and a main struggle of the relationship is we live 1 hour away from each other but there is many cheap way of transport and that not the problem however we barely see each other anymore or even go on dates we just go to my house and have sex and then don't see each other for another 2 to 3 weeks that just how the relationship been , he tells me he loves me but I'm getting mixed feeling , any advice ? I've also spoken to him about this and hasn't really changed .
Original post by Anonymous
he doesn't text me or call me much anymore , we've been together for 3 months now and I'm getting very paranoid if he's cheating, he says he doesn't text cause he doesn't want to make the conversation awkward ( he is a very complicated and awkward person) I feel like that is just excuse to not talk to me anymore and he's been keeping his distance too and I'm getting mixed feelings I might end the relationship but something is telling me not to as beside the bad things he's actually a decent guy and a main struggle of the relationship is we live 1 hour away from each other but there is many cheap way of transport and that not the problem however we barely see each other anymore or even go on dates we just go to my house and have sex and then don't see each other for another 2 to 3 weeks that just how the relationship been , he tells me he loves me but I'm getting mixed feeling , any advice ? I've also spoken to him about this and hasn't really changed .

Hey, well if you’re together and truly in love i don’t think an excuse such as “not text because its akward is a-bit off especially at this point it shouldn’t be akward. Try face-time him or meet up if you think it would be better tell him how you feel exactly like above and if he deep down cares and wants to save the relationship he should understand and try to sort things out if not he is not really worth it sorry?
And with the cheating don’t get too paranoid unless you have solid evidence.
If you need any other advice ask me hope i helped :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

I would just end the relationship. It seems like he's not into it anymore.
Communication is important, and while all couples have different levels of what is an acceptable amount of communication, it sounds like you aren't currently happy with what's going on. Would phone calls/skype be an option? If not, just honestly explain that talking daily via text is important to you in order to make the relationship work, and I'd also bring up meeting up more often in person and going on more dates (not just for sex). Hopefully you'll be able to reach some middle ground with satisfies both your needs. If he isn't willing to compromise, it could just be that you have different needs within relationships and that he might not be the best match for you, in which case it might be time to call it a day.

Good luck, OP!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending