Insurance group 10 astra sxi , opinions?

Watch this thread
Harry123341
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys classic generic post here be warned

So I want to but a Vauxhall astra sxi 2007 1.4 3dr which is insurance group 10. I am 18 and soon to be starting a 5 yr degree apptenticeship and need a good car that will last and I will continue to enjoy so I picked this fairly hot hatch.

Any idea what the price of insurance would be , does anyone have any simualr quotes or experience as don't wanna be paying loads for insurance?

And anyone owned one of these cars any opinions cheers guys and girls and customs.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Harry123341)

So I want to but a Vauxhall astra sxi 2007 1.4 3dr which is insurance group 10. I am 18 and soon to be starting a 5 yr degree apptenticeship and need a good car that will last and I will continue to enjoy so I picked this fairly hot hatch.

Any idea what the price of insurance would be , does anyone have any simualr quotes or experience as don't wanna be paying loads for insurance?

And anyone owned one of these cars any opinions cheers guys and girls and customs.
Do an insurance quote.
Harry123341
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Do an insurance quote.
A clever and witty response my friend however I would like to know other peoples quotes first as belive it or not , getting quotes for sporty cars pushes your insurance up as they are then aware that you are interested in sporty cars so I don't want to give to much away if I don't end up getting the car. There's an interesting article on this element of insurance if you want a link ?

Cheers for the response tho boss especially at such unsocial hours
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
A clever and witty response my friend however I would like to know other peoples quotes first as belive it or not , getting quotes for sporty cars pushes your insurance up as they are then aware that you are interested in sporty cars so I don't want to give to much away if I don't end up getting the car. There's an interesting article on this element of insurance if you want a link ?

Other people's quotes are not going to be representative of what you'll be quoted.

The only way to know what you'll be quoted is to.. guess what.. get a quote.

Getting a quote for a "sporty car" doesn't magically increase your premiums - that's a new myth in C&M.
Speed4real
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

Don't worry about doing a quote for this because it's not a hot hatch haha it won't affect your premium
Joshkav
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

It would be hard for anyone to give you a quote, as insurance premiums are based on where you live, how long you have had your license, where the car is kept, what you are using the car for, how many miles you are doing, the cover you want, how many miles it has already done, etc. As people have already said, your best bet is to just get an insurance quote yourself
nevershear
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

To insure a 1.4 corsa is £3600 for me, I don't even get quotes for a 1.4 Astra (apart from a £9500 mypolicy one); it's like £1500 for someone else that lives 3 miles away. Do you see how hard this is to judge? You posted a generic thread and got a generic answer, I don't see what warranted the sarcasm. There's a pinned post on insurance - use it then come back to us. Also read Joshkav's post.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (31)
34.07%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (42)
46.15%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (17)
18.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.1%

Watched Threads