The Student Room Group

Writing a Thesis Proposal

I am going to apply for PHD in International Relations . I need to write a Research Proposal on "The view from Asia: non-Western views of a changing international landscape". I wonder if you could help me by sharing some articles or research paper or any valuable ideas.
Hi, I've just moved this to Postgraduate Applications for you as you should get more responses here :smile:
Original post by ejazrauf
I am going to apply for PHD in International Relations . I need to write a Research Proposal on "The view from Asia: non-Western views of a changing international landscape". I wonder if you could help me by sharing some articles or research paper or any valuable ideas.

You want to apply for an advanced research degree and you want us to help by doing research for you? Really?

Are you familiar with the topic? Do you know where to look for information? Do you have access to a library and/or papers online?
Original post by ejazrauf

That's far to vague for a PhD. You are attempting to write about everything to do with the changing international landscape, from the perspective of the diversity of an entire continent? That's impossible within a PhD. You would at least need to define a timescale (since the end of the Cold War, in the 21st century etc), some specific aspect of the international landscape (security, economic development, trade, art, culture, religion etc) and then narrow down Asia (China, Japanese, Pacific state, Australasian, Buddhist etc). By the end of the first year, you'd realise that you probably have to narrow down to at least two of those three parameters and define the method of research (discourse analysis, economic activities, UN speeches, specific resources you have access to etc)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending