The Student Room Group

University of Leeds or Newcastle University? Someone?

I got an offer from these two universities.: University of Leeds and Newcastle University. Right now I am in dilemma of choosing one of them. Quality of research and teaching is my number one priority. Thanks
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by RokasPran
I got an offer from these two universities.: University of Leeds and Newcastle University. Right now I am in dilemma of choosing one of them. Quality of research and teaching is my number one priority. Thanks

Do you have any particular area of CS you are interested in? Do you want to work after graduation or do post-grad/PhD?
Reply 2
My study program in both universities is just computer science with additional year, that means it will include both degrees
Original post by RokasPran

Hi RokasPran,

Great to hear that you're thinking of coming to study Computer Science with us.

I note that your main concerns are research and teaching quality. We seek British Computer Society accreditation for our degrees so you can be assured that you will graduate with a degree that meets the standard set by the IT industry. Studying a BCS-accredited degree provides for the foundation for a chartered IT professional, engineer or scientist.

We are also a Russell Group founding member, which means we are research intensive and are one of only eight Russell Group universities to achieve TEF Gold Award for teaching excellence.

Hope this helps 😊

Valentina

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending