The Student Room Group

Postgradute Loan and living in the EU

I am a UK citizen and researching if I am eligible for the post grad loan to study a distance course with a UK university such as SOAS or the Open university while living in Spain?

I have a UK address through my Mum's house where my banking etc. are registered but am working out in Spain.

Is there any way to access finance (that would be very much needed).

Thanks,

Joe
Original post by JoeEmmens1
I am a UK citizen and researching if I am eligible for the post grad loan to study a distance course with a UK university such as SOAS or the Open university while living in Spain?

I have a UK address through my Mum's house where my banking etc. are registered but am working out in Spain.

Is there any way to access finance (that would be very much needed).

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

PGL is available to English domiciled students studying anywhere in the UK and EU students studying in England. However, there are two categories of an EU national: English domiciled students who have 3 years prior address history in the UK and those EU domiciled students who have spent part of the 3 years in the EU. They must also meet the following criteria:

UK domiciled students must be ordinarily resident in the UK on the 1st day of the 1st academic year of their course

EU domiciled students must be an EU national on the 1st day of the 1st academic year of the course and attending or undertaking a designated course in England

All students must be resident in the UK/EU for 3 years prior to the start of the Academic Year (AY). They will be required to provide their full address history for this 3 year period on their application.

Thanks

Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending