leahsusansmith
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've got A-level mocks coming up in just over a month, and I am completely screwed for Physics. I just do not understand any of it! I've been trying so hard to revise it and teach myself it during the Easter Break, but I just don't know where and how to start.
Does anyone know of any good youtube series that basically teach the whole course? Or even any ideas on how I can get better and learn the content? I've gone through to textbook multiple times but it doesn't go into enough detail and the questions in there are so much easier than past papers. I've tried the past papers on PMT but I can't do any of them as I don't know the content well enough. Please help!! Anything would be appreciated
amzyrads
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A level physics online is great for snappy videos. But what you should do is loads of questions. If you're stuck on a question go back to the textbook or to your notes, not to the mark scheme because you'll be tempted to look again. At the end of the questions look at what you need to revise and go through it.
Physics and maths tutor is great for questions per topic. Isaac physics are great too.
username3262012
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
on youtube;
DrPhysicsA
A Level Physics Online
Science Shorts

these are who I find most helpful. but I wouldn't recommend teaching yourself the course from those videos alone. if you're trying to learn a topic, I'd recommend reading the chapter in the text book, going through the text book questions, then if there's anything you don't understand or need to recap later on, then watch videos from those channels

then do the past paper questions by topic from physicsandmathstutor
Callicious
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by leahsusansmith)
I've got A-level mocks coming up in just over a month, and I am completely screwed for Physics. I just do not understand any of it! I've been trying so hard to revise it and teach myself it during the Easter Break, but I just don't know where and how to start.
Does anyone know of any good youtube series that basically teach the whole course? Or even any ideas on how I can get better and learn the content? I've gone through to textbook multiple times but it doesn't go into enough detail and the questions in there are so much easier than past papers. I've tried the past papers on PMT but I can't do any of them as I don't know the content well enough. Please help!! Anything would be appreciated
University Physics inc Modern Physics (Sears and Zemansky) has loads of PDF editions online and will help you get through any A-Level course, after all a lot of the content is similar, trust me It'll help. If you ever get stuck and need help, feel free to ask, I can help with most things
hazoolcat
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by leahsusansmith)
Isaac Physics is a good site for practise questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (91)
28%
No - I have already returned home (43)
13.23%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
19.08%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
9.85%
No - I live at home during term anyway (97)
29.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed