The Student Room Group

How do straight A's students revise??

I want to revise as effectively as i can because i want to get A/A* (grades 7-9) on my exams
we dont we pay for our grades...
hard! aha, personally i find it easy to make a topic checklist and tick it off once for read-throughs, twice for posters/flashcards and a third time for practice questions. or use a practice paper, make a list of your weakest topics to learn, revise them, rinse and repeat. i have quite a strict timetable, but leave time for rest and 'me' time- also i try to vary the ways i revise or else it gets dull and tedious and nothing goes in. there's a list of resources on this thread which should help. hope that helps, good luck (and work hard!) :cute:
print off each exam spec off your exam board and work through that :smile: they cant ask you anything thats not in the spec
Reply 4
For a long time
Create notes/revision cards/mindmaps (whatever works for you) for every topic in each subject.
Make sure you learn these notes while you're writing them out - don't just copy the textbook without understanding the content since that just wastes more time.
Do past paper questions in timed conditions with all the equipment you need - act as if it is the real exam since this will prepare you. Then mark the exam with a different coloured pen and give yourself an honest grade. For all the questions you get incorrect, read through the mark scheme answer and see if it is somewhere in your notes. If not, then add it! Keep on doing past paper questions and come back to questions that you can't do. Also if you are consistently getting questions correct on a certain topic, there is no point in revising it a lot since you already know it well. Instead focus your revision on the topics that you are struggling with in the past papers.

:banana:

Quick Reply

Latest