The Student Room Group

Driving Test Tomorrow.... For The 4th Time

Hi

I have my driving test tomorrow for the 4th time. I know how it all works in terms of manouvers, questions etc but im still really nervous.

My family are putting loads of pressure on me to pass seeing as this is the 4th time on doing it and im really scared to fail.

I know how to drive, and my instructor has even said this but on test i always manage to do something stupid that i dont notice until the examiner explains it at the end.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance
Original post by M00ND4NC3R
Hi

I have my driving test tomorrow for the 4th time. I know how it all works in terms of manouvers, questions etc but im still really nervous.

My family are putting loads of pressure on me to pass seeing as this is the 4th time on doing it and im really scared to fail.

I know how to drive, and my instructor has even said this but on test i always manage to do something stupid that i dont notice until the examiner explains it at the end.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Hey, I passed my test 2 months ago and it was 4th time when I passed. Every time I failed it was due to something stupid I did from the nerves! On the 4th time I acted much calmer and tried not to think about it and i know it's hard but you will get there eventually don't give up! Think of it this way, the more driving you do the more experience you are getting to be a safer driver anyway so when you do pass you'll be safe on the roads. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by lauraaac129
Hey, I passed my test 2 months ago and it was 4th time when I passed. Every time I failed it was due to something stupid I did from the nerves! On the 4th time I acted much calmer and tried not to think about it and i know it's hard but you will get there eventually don't give up! Think of it this way, the more driving you do the more experience you are getting to be a safer driver anyway so when you do pass you'll be safe on the roads. Good luck :smile:

Yeah i guess, and i know myself that i can do it its just the pressure from my family hasnt really helped and ive asked them to stop but they wont. I also really want to drive because i have my own car now so as soon as i pass i can just sort out my insurance and then i can go :smile:
Have u heard of mindfulness? Practising calming techniques so u can walk into the exam confident is a great idea x
Reply 4
Hey
I have already failed my 3 exams !!
First two were failed early in the test breaks by the examiners.
And was in new area no information about roads.
3rd time was unlucky
My examiner told me about one street that in this street there is white solid line in the corner you have to avoid it.
And she took my in same street
My line was clear but in other lane one car was coming so I’m avoiding that line I stay behind to use a little part of other line.
But in that 5 seconds two cars and one cycle was behind me.
And she said go ahead why you are waiting
And in the end she failed me for this reason
And when I explained she was not aware of any solid white line in that street. :frown:
Every time my parking was perfect.
Now have my fourth attempt in next month !!
What about your test ?
what worked for me was blissful ignorance. you just have to lie to yourself and convince yourself that your driving instructor is on holiday so you have a substitute and just keep telling yourself that it's just another driving lesson and it worked for me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest