The Student Room Group

Aqa science so specific

I know my science content but sometimes I write decrease instead of reduced and less instead of few. If I write this in my exams will my marks be cut and how to I prevent doing it.
Memorise the mark schemes (;
As long as they mean the same thing, I doubt you can lose marks for it (unless the meanings of the two words you've used are completely different, e.g. fewer and few, where a comparison is needed). In terms of your wording, the main thing that tends to catch people out is using key terms - you can explain a process in full detail, completely accurately, but still get 0 marks if you don't include the correct key terms.

To help with that, as said above^^, I'd recommend trying to learn as many mark schemes as possible, since AQA have a tendency to use almost identical ones each year.

Good luck! :smile:
Unfortunately, you have to know the mark scheme quite well (at least in my experience), and not just understand the concepts to quite an extent, if you want to get top marks. I'd prefer that it would test a more genuine and in-depth understanding of concepts, rather than just knowing the right key words and phrases (which are precisely what examiners look for).

Quick Reply

Latest