The Student Room Group

I love her so much

But she ignores me. We've known each other for a long time now, we almost 5 years. We shared quite a few things about our lives.

But she doesn't like me obviously, she doesn't want to say it but it is obvious.

What can I do to move on? how do people even move on from people they love?? I can't stop thinking of her and wanting to be with her. It's all I think about almost all day long.

Help!

Scroll to see replies

Just move on.
Reply 2
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Just move on.

But how? I think of how she is and what she is doing and it's driving me absolutely insane... I miss her so badly :/
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

What can I do to move on? how do people even move on from people they love?? I can't stop thinking of her and wanting to be with her. It's all I think about almost all day long.

Help!

something tells me you are in close contact with this girl.

you need to cut all contact and go cold turkey.

it will be hard at first, but then after a month or two you'll have got over it.......

you really need to go cold turkey.

It's like you have an addiction but your addiction isn't alcohol it's this girl
Reply 4
Concentrate on something/someone else otherwise you could end up ruining the friendship :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by ANM775

it will be hard at first, but then after a month or two you'll have got over it.......

^^^^^^ this, also, love is a fallacy, it eventually dies and the Wuv u Foreva is a myth, people change and eventually grow out of it, and i am saying this as someone who's been in deep love many times, too many hormones raging around, eventually you will cool down and focus on your life
Reply 6
Original post by ANM775

Not close contact, no but I see her sometimes and she also tries to contact me online (which I ignored but it hurt like nothing else and I still feel like death)
Reply 7
Not close contact, no but I see her sometimes and she also tries to contact me online (which I ignored but it hurt like nothing else and I still feel like death)

you need to either block her or not use social media till you're over her then......
Sad
Reply 9
Original post by ANM775
you need to either block her or not use social media till you're over her then......

I haven't spoken to her in a month on social media but it only gets worse, not better...

I do see her but I don't talk to her.
There are others. thousands, tens of thousands and some of them might like you back. Accept it isnt happening for now and do something else.
Original post by 999tigger
There are others. thousands, tens of thousands and some of them might like you back. Accept it isnt happening for now and do something else.

It's so taxing to build a friendship with someone. It's not like I can have the same level of understanding and comfort I had with her with just anyone.

Anyway, I've said enough cringy things. It seems nothing can be done except to ignore how I feel and hopefully I will feel better soon.
It's so taxing to build a friendship with someone. It's not like I can have the same level of understanding and comfort I had with her with just anyone.

Anyway, I've said enough cringy things. It seems nothing can be done except to ignore how I feel and hopefully I will feel better soon.

Well stay single then. At some stage you might realise its best for you to move on though because it isnt happening.
Focus on yourself and hangout with friends, distract yourself, and meet other people, join clubs, you'll eventually forget about your feelings towards her.
Original post by alicesmiloves
Focus on yourself and hangout with friends, distract yourself, and meet other people, join clubs, you'll eventually forget about your feelings towards her.

I'm doing that but it is ineffective. I'll be with my friends and whenever someone mentions her country of origin (she's foreign) or her first name or something like that, my mood drops like the Fat Man in Nagasaki.
But she ignores me. We've known each other for a long time now, we almost 5 years. We shared quite a few things about our lives.

But she doesn't like me obviously, she doesn't want to say it but it is obvious.

Help!

Find a new girl to like I understand that you really want to be with her but if you don't move on,m you could start becoming really depressed. Try avoiding her at all costs and block her contact when you think your ready, you can start talking to her if it doesn't work, let me know
It's all I think about almost all day long!

Is she the girl in all the songs?
bro i have the same history bro i have the same history as u. thread starter pm me and ill talk to u about how i dealt with it
Original post by DrSocSciences
Is she the girl in all the songs?

I don't listen to romantic songs, I am not that sadomasochistic.

Help!

Tell her how you feel. Answer her messages and tell her.

Quick Reply