The Student Room Group

3rd year maintenance loan

What is the highest amount u can get in ur 3rd year of an mcomp
Original post by Missathome

Hi Missathome,

You would receive a final year rate of loan if it is your final year. But the amount you would receive will depend on whether you are applying based on household income and where you would be living.

Can you confirm if you will be living away from home or living and studying in London and if your application was assessed based on household income or not ?

Thanks

Louise

Hi Missathome,

The amount of loan that you will receive depends on your individual circumstances, your year of study, what type of course that you are doing, where you are living and studying as well as your household income.

All students receive a lower amount of support in the final year of a course, as your entitlement will only be calculated up to the end of your course, it will not include the summer holidays as in previous years.

Here is a link to the Student Finance Calculator, to estimate how much you are likely to receive.

https://bit.ly/1eWRiXJ

Thanks Rona
Reply 3
It is the 3rd year of the degree but i have a 4th year (masters) as well. Applied for the 4 year course on sf. Uni is in newcastle and my loan is income assed from my parents. I have a twin brother who is just completing his 3 year now (a year ahead of me) who did receive lower loan in 3rd year but only by a few hundred pounds.
It is the 3rd year of the degree but i have a 4th year (masters) as well. Applied for the 4 year course on sf. Uni is in newcastle and my loan is income assed from my parents. I have a twin brother who is just completing his 3 year now (a year ahead of me) who did receive lower loan in 3rd year but only by a few hundred pounds.

Hi Missathome,

The amount of loan that you will receive will be a bit less as you will be assessed as a final year student, up until the last day of the term, where previously it would be assesed to include the summer holiday weeks before you would return to your course.

I cannot advise how much that will be, as depends on your household income, you can use the calculator to obtain an estimate.

It is better to aply now and allow the assessors to make that calculation.

Regards Rona
Reply 5
thankyou
thankyou

Hi Missathome,

You are welcome.

Regards Rona

Quick Reply

Latest