The Student Room Group

Withdrawing from a PG course

Hi

I'm due to receive my final loan instalment from SFE for my Master's course in a couple of weeks, however I want to leave my course due to ongoing mental health problems.

I can't seem to find any definitive answers online or in any T&C's from SFE.

How does repayment work if I were to drop out after receiving the final loan instalment? Would I be asked to pay it back immediately or would a payment plan be set up?

Thanks,
George.
Original post by georgejohnston
Hi

I'm due to receive my final loan instalment from SFE for my Master's course in a couple of weeks, however I want to leave my course due to ongoing mental health problems.

I can't seem to find any definitive answers online or in any T&C's from SFE.

How does repayment work if I were to drop out after receiving the final loan instalment? Would I be asked to pay it back immediately or would a payment plan be set up?

Thanks,
George.

Hi George,

If you withdraw from your Masters course, the loan payment made for the payment period in which you withdrew will be left in place.

It will not be reassessed based on the number of days in the payment period up to withdrawal and there will therefore be no loan overpayment.

Instead any payments the student was entitled to will be added to their balance.

That means from the following April you will be eligible to make repayments on the loan, but only when you earning over the threshold.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply