Gcse physics help please :)))) Watch

Aynamouss
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I did my mock and got 17/60 which is terrible but I manage to get 30/60 for biology and 30/60 for chemistry. My teacher said if I improved my Physics to my bio and chem standereds I could get a 7 in the exam (currently on a 6 after two mocks) I struggle to learn the equations so if anyone has anyway of learning them off by heart please help and if you know any revision sites were I can find questions and answers then that will be helpful too. Am doing edexcel )))
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
MParry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
There are many ways of memorizing equations. One way to do it is to write equations on post-it notes and stick them around your bedroom. When you wake up or go to bed, look at some post-it notes and say the equations out loud and repeat them in your head. After a week of these, it becomes second nature. What I did was I would look at an equation and then close my eyes and picture the equation and pretend you're looking at it on a board. During the exam, I would think of the board with the equation on it. If I needed to remember another equation I would pretend to rub the first equation off and (in my mind) write the equation down.
Oaklasaurus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Aynamouss)
I did my mock and got 17/60 which is terrible but I manage to get 30/60 for biology and 30/60 for chemistry. My teacher said if I improved my Physics to my bio and chem standereds I could get a 7 in the exam (currently on a 6 after two mocks) I struggle to learn the equations so if anyone has anyway of learning them off by heart please help and if you know any revision sites were I can find questions and answers then that will be helpful too. Am doing edexcel )))
Hey! There are three things I find useful to learn equations, even at A level.
  • Flashcards - brilliant! if you're a visual learner, make them really bright and colourful and make them point to different parts of the equations and write certain bits in the same colour. Like for example, if you're doing electricity, always right resistance in orange and voltage in pink and current in green. that way at least, hopefully, if you don't remember the words/letters you'll remember the colours! If you're more auditory, you can get someone to test you on them. That's a really helpful method I like to use... or you can do it yourself with a scrap of paper. Make sure you say it out loud!
  • Posters on my walls! - now this is where you get to be really colourful! I essentially pasted the "answer side" of my flashcards onto posters and stuck them up on my wall. Now when I'm getting dressed in the morning, I read them out loud. And if you follow the colours method I used above, that might help too if you're a visual learner
  • Practice!! - this is the most important one. the more you use the equations, the more you'll remember them. like V=IR sounds like a little jingle in my head because I've used it so many times and I've almost put a tune with it aha

Other helpful things:

Good luck with this! And if you need anything explained, feel free to pm me! (I want to do physics at degree so i'm not going to complain )
Sinnoh
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Aynamouss)
Have the formulae on a sheet available to you when revising, maybe use one of the formula sheets from last year.
Every time you do a question involving a formula, write down the formula fist. If you do that with every single question then the equations will get fixed in your head.
leahnj
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
equation flash cards: https://quizlet.com/272165185/physic...s-flash-cards/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (95)
16.64%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (60)
10.51%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (100)
17.51%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (86)
15.06%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (57)
9.98%
How can I be the best version of myself? (173)
30.3%

Watched Threads