The Student Room Group

Previous studies and certificates

Hi,
I'm an spanish student who's applying for a tuition loan.
I'll be starting a course at the UK this september, and I've studied two years at university level here, so I know I will only be eligible for funding for the last two years of the course, am I right?
I also would like to know if I have to apply just once and they will automatically fund me the last two years, or if I have to do it again next year.
I also would like to know if I have to get my certificates ( birth certificate and the marriage certificate of my parents) and other legal documents traslated in order to send them as proof.
Thank you.
Original post by Amai27
Hi,
I'm an spanish student who's applying for a tuition loan.
I'll be starting a course at the UK this september, and I've studied two years at university level here, so I know I will only be eligible for funding for the last two years of the course, am I right?
I also would like to know if I have to apply just once and they will automatically fund me the last two years, or if I have to do it again next year.
I also would like to know if I have to get my certificates ( birth certificate and the marriage certificate of my parents) and other legal documents traslated in order to send them as proof.
Thank you.

Hi Amai,

If your new course is a 3 year course, then you will have 2 years of funding available that will be paid in the final 2 years of your course, You need to apply for funding each year by paper application, the application can be found on the website https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms, to process your application we will require your original ID evidence.

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 2
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi Amai,

If your new course is a 3 year course, then you will have 2 years of funding available that will be paid in the final 2 years of your course, You need to apply for funding each year by paper application, the application can be found on the website https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms, to process your application we will require your original ID evidence.

Thanks

Catherine

Hi, thank you for your answer. Could you please tell me if i need to get my certificates ( birth certificate and the marriage certificate of my parents) and other legal documents traslated in order to send them as proof.( they are in Spanish)
Thank you.
Original post by Amai27
Hi, thank you for your answer. Could you please tell me if i need to get my certificates ( birth certificate and the marriage certificate of my parents) and other legal documents traslated in order to send them as proof.( they are in Spanish)
Thank you.

Hi Amai,

If you are an EU national then we do not require your parents evidence, we will only require your ID evidence.

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 4
Hi,
I’ve recently sent the form but I’ve just realised I’ve made a mistake. I’ve sent my original birth certificate and academic records but I’ve sent copies of my passport and ID card instead of the original ones, and I’ve just read that they have to be original... Can I send just the passport to complete de evidences by post mail or do I have to wait and send everything again?
I’m sorry for the mistake..

Thank you.
Original post by Amai27
Hi,
I’ve recently sent the form but I’ve just realised I’ve made a mistake. I’ve sent my original birth certificate and academic records but I’ve sent copies of my passport and ID card instead of the original ones, and I’ve just read that they have to be original... Can I send just the passport to complete de evidences by post mail or do I have to wait and send everything again?
I’m sorry for the mistake..

Thank you.

Hi Amai27,

We would need the documents EU/EAA Nationals send to be original if you are applying as a home student for SFE Undergraduate funding.

We can accept certified copies of identity evidence from an EU nationals if you are applying for the EU Tuition Fee only for an undergraduate course.

You can send either your valid EU Passport or National Identity Card, it is your choice.

Regards Rona
Reply 6
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi Amai27,

We would need the documents EU/EAA Nationals send to be original if you are applying as a home student for SFE Undergraduate funding.

We can accept certified copies of identity evidence from an EU nationals if you are applying for the EU Tuition Fee only for an undergraduate course.

You can send either your valid EU Passport or National Identity Card, it is your choice.

Regards Rona

Hi,
Okay, but the problem is that I’ve already sent a copy of my passport and ID card but it’s not certified, only the birth certificate and the academic records are, so I was wondering if could I send it now, knowing that you will receive it later than the rest of the form and documents, or if I have to wait until I get a response and you tell me that the copy is not valid, and send everything together again.

Thank you for your quick answer.
A.
Original post by Amai27
Hi,
Okay, but the problem is that I’ve already sent a copy of my passport and ID card but it’s not certified, only the birth certificate and the academic records are, so I was wondering if could I send it now, knowing that you will receive it later than the rest of the form and documents, or if I have to wait until I get a response and you tell me that the copy is not valid, and send everything together again.

Thank you for your quick answer.
A.

Hi Amai27,

You do not need to wait until you receive a letter regarding your identity evidence, you can send your valid identity evidence now, along with a cover letter, your name and customer reference number.

If you do not know your customer reference number, please call us on,

Tel: (+44) (0) 141 243 3570
(Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm)

Regards Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending