Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone.

I’m looking for some advice and ideas about volunteer work abroad (even somewhere different in the country if the right place appeals to me - I’m in East Anglia).

I’m looking to do something in August, just for 2-3 weeks (as I’ll be working some of the summer break too). I’m open to destinations as well as different volunteering ideas - although conservation/animal work and possibly with children are areas where I’m realistically thinking about.

This is super scary for me, and I’ll be going alone, but it’s something I just want to push to do! It would be nice to go somewhere where there are other volunteers. I’m not looking for a party-type destination (ha).

So any ideas, who to book through, etc? Any personal experience?

Also, money isn’t too much of a problem, as I have money saved away for this occasion.

Thanks !
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Moved to Volunteering

ReputationRep:
    There are literally hundreds of opportunities so I guess it really depends on what you want to do or go. Does anything or anywhere particularly appeal? I would recommend searching options on a comparison website e.g. One World 365's volunteer programs abroad. I hope you manage to find something soon

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.