Turn on thread page Beta

GCSES-any help, tips and advice?- can someone organize a timetable for me? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I'm just about to finish year 10 and entering year 11. I've been revising this school year my chosen subjects,( Child development, Spanish, Media studies) Maths, English and Science. However, Its becoming too much! I have to still learn the themes in the Christmas carol and Macbeth plays, as well as other characters in Macbeth. I still need to learn loads of content for child development, as well as my course work, in which i need to complete even after handing it in! I have lots of new vocabulary for Spanish, and I'm quite weak in my reading and listening skills. Media studies is a subject that I'd love to take in college, but I haven't even started doing any revision, i don't know what to do-i cant find good resources. I'm doing the AQA specification. Maths, well i have a problem. My teacher doesn't want me to at least get an E. He keeps giving me Gs in my reports, even though i do lots of math revision and do well in tests!-what can I do? I do revision timetables but it just never works! Maybe I don't plan my day ahead well... It would be lovely if someone helped me plan one! Also, i'd love some help and advice.

ReputationRep:
    let me know if u need any resources I will send them to u as I have some for Xmas carol and macbeth
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by year 11 revise)
    let me know if u need any resources I will send them to u as I have some for Xmas carol and macbeth
    Could you send me them too? I'm sitting my GCSE's this year and it would be extremely helpful!

ReputationRep:
    Timetables work well during holidays but for me they didn't during gcses. What I would do in year 10 is consolidate all the things I have done that day and make sure I know the ins and outs of it perhaps do some pas paper questions. I wouldn't advise taking notes as they didn't go in for me. Drilling cgp book info into my head like a game with my friends helped lol. And as for a timetable in holidays use your normal school one but perhaps change it around a bit if you feel you don't need to work on a particular subject as much as another.

ReputationRep:
    My biggest tip would be Seneca Learning - has been an absolute lifesaver for me!

ReputationRep:
    You’re doing really well already revising in year 10! You have plenty of time, just try to aim to revise little but often so that when it comes to exam season all you have to do is exam questions to gain those marks! But make sure to have a rest in the summer holiday. For maths the best thing you can do is practise exam questions, and if there’s a topic you come across then go to ‘mathsgenie’ or ‘corbetmaths’ and do practise questions on that topic! Also see if you can get help from another maths teacher at your school.

I definitely recommend using the specifications for you’re revision because all content is concise and it means no surprises will come up in the exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salmakittens)
    Hi guys. I'm just about to finish year 10 and entering year 11. I've been revising this school year my chosen subjects,( Child development, Spanish, Media studies) Maths, English and Science. However, Its becoming too much! I have to still learn the themes in the Christmas carol and Macbeth plays, as well as other characters in Macbeth. I still need to learn loads of content for child development, as well as my course work, in which i need to complete even after handing it in! I have lots of new vocabulary for Spanish, and I'm quite weak in my reading and listening skills. Media studies is a subject that I'd love to take in college, but I haven't even started doing any revision, i don't know what to do-i cant find good resources. I'm doing the AQA specification. Maths, well i have a problem. My teacher doesn't want me to at least get an E. He keeps giving me Gs in my reports, even though i do lots of math revision and do well in tests!-what can I do? I do revision timetables but it just never works! Maybe I don't plan my day ahead well... It would be lovely if someone helped me plan one! Also, i'd love some help and advice.
    PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Don't waste any time after Christmas I only started to revise a couple of days ago and my first real exam is in less than 20 days...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by year 11 revise)
    Yeah, same can you please send it to me as well.

Much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks, that would really be helpful!

ReputationRep:
    I can organise a timetable for u if u private message me I'll sort u one

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'd love that, but how do you private message on the student room?

ReputationRep:
    I will foward the resources to u today

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.