Rush hour driving test - Aylesbury

Watch
Soph8807
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I just failed my first driving test and after some tears and pep talk from my parents later I’ve booked my second test , anyone had any experience of 8:10 driving lessons and more specifically in Aylesbury . So desperate to pass now don’t think I could do a third
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Moved to Learning to drive.
s.xw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I failed my first test on the quietest time of the week in my area (11:05am Saturday) but passed second time a fortnight after during morning rush hour on a Monday. Don't let the fact that it's rush hour distract you or put you off, rather make sure you focus more than usual and perform lane changes as soon as you are told the direction. You will not get a driving fault for hogging the right lane if traffic is busy but if you change lanes too late and stop because you can't get across (at which point the examiner may intervene), there is a chance you will fail.

Besides, it helps your confidence if you pass knowing that you've encountered the worst traffic of the day.
Jamie758
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I live near aylsebury. The traffic round there is always a **** especially with all the new housing being put up round there. I haven't done my theory yet so can't find out, but how long is the wait time to book your test
nevershear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not a fan of rush hour tests, because it paves the way for someone else to make you fail. I'm able to drive in rush hour now through experience, but in test conditions it's extremely difficult. Half of what I do in rush hour conditions would probably fail me or get me several faults. None of it's dangerous, just frowned upon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.72%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.69%
Not bothered either way (35)
13.11%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.48%

Watched Threads